I was an unwanted girl child, my mother couldn’t come to terms that it was a girl again: Kangana Ranaut

Kangana Ranaut said: "When Rangoli was born, her birth was celebrated and she was well looked after. But when I was born, my parents and my mother especially couldn't come to terms with the fact that it was a girl again."

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: March 9, 2016 3:05 pm
Kangana Ranaut, Kangana Ranaut parents, Kangana Ranaut unwanted girl child, Kangana Ranaut parents girl child Kangana Ranaut’s parents wanted a boy after sister Rangoli and were dismayed when a girl in the form of Kangana was born. And her very parents went as far as making Kangana realise that she was the unwanted girl child in the family. (Source: Varinder Chawla)

Kangana Ranaut has come up the long way in life surmounting multiple impediments both in Bollywood and back at home as well where her parents initially hated her for the very fact of she being a girl. Kangana’s parents wanted a boy after Rangoli and were dismayed when a girl in the form of Kangana was born. And her very parents went as far as making Kangana realise that she was the unwanted girl child in the family.

Watch Video | Kangana Ranaut: I was an unwanted girl child from my parents

Revealing this was Kangana herself at the cover launch of a magazine. “There was a sense of discomfort while growing up. The fact that I was not seen as how I wanted myself to be seen as. My parents had a baby boy but he didn’t make it and died within 10 days. He was called Hero and my parents could never come emerge out of that loss. When Rangoli was born, her birth was celebrated and she was well looked after. But when I was born, my parents and my mother especially couldn’t come to terms with the fact that it was a girl again. I know these details because everytime a guest used to drop in, they used to repeat this story as to how I was the unwanted child in the family. It’s very hard to live in an environment where you are constantly reminded that you just happen to be here and you are not supposed to be here. I could never come to terms with that environment.”

Kangana Ranaut, Kangana Ranaut parents, Kangana Ranaut unwanted girl child, Kangana Ranaut parents girl child Kangana ranaut with her parents.

Crediting her sister for being the rock in her life, Kangana Ranaut said, “She is the one I derive all the strength from. She has been my source of inspiration.”

Kangana Ranaut, Kangana Ranaut Sister, Rangoli Ranaut, Kangana Ranaut Sister Rangoli, Rangoli Ranaut acid attack Survivor, Kangana Ranaut Sister Acid Attack, Kangana Sister Rangoli, Kangana sister acid attack story, Kangana Ranaut News, Kangana Ranaut Confession, Entertainment news Kangana with her sister Rangoli.

Kangana has won two National Awards.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Monika Mali
    Mar 8, 2016 at 5:40 pm
    She doesn't mean her parents wanted to kill her. As a country girl child is tolerated not necessarily wanted. Don't run with a crow check your ears first. Watch the video.
    1. E
      ether
      Mar 9, 2016 at 4:11 pm
      the parents are loving her nor with all the fame and $$$$$$$$$$$$$
      shakeel
      Mar 8, 2016 at 9:27 pm
      Insted of thanking patients don't try to gain sympathy which you all want to promote flims
        K.Harapriya
        Mar 8, 2016 at 6:59 pm
        Seriously! How backward are these people?! I think only some families are like in some parts of India. Many homes think of the girl child as Lakshmi coming.
          Rmitta
          Mar 8, 2016 at 4:46 pm
          KR you dont start another another 'Intolerence' debate on ur mother. Already JNU is working on 'Motherland'. Pardon my rude comment 'Ma khi tho tum ney band baja di'.
            singh
            Mar 8, 2016 at 7:42 pm
            Should they be given awards because they didn't drown her in a pail of water??? Because it was so much more humane to take digs at her .. taunt her... probably not feed her well or buy her things and starve her for affection or care and scar her for life? Use your head if you have one....
              singh
              Mar 8, 2016 at 4:39 pm
              What deable parents and sad excuses of human beings her parents are! If I was made to feel this unwanted and unwelcome I would just cut them out of my life forever! And now I bet her relatives, parents and neighbours must be fawning and falling all over her and begging for favours because today she is rich and successful ... Such a sick morally bankrupt society this is...
              Suren Singh
              Mar 8, 2016 at 9:33 pm
              KR you have proved beyond any doubt that Girls are as good as Boys.Hope your parents have relented for how they made you feel whilst in your teens.