The villain of ‘Heropanti’, actor Ranjha Vikram Singh, says he was in talks for a role in superstar Aamir Khan for his film ‘Dangal’, but was advised against doing the film as there was not ‘something meaty’ for him. There were rumours that Ranjha Vikram Singh was in consideration for a role in the movie.
But clarifying his stance, he said: “I really wanted to be part of that film, I wanted to work with Aamir Khan. ‘Dangal’, the title itself is very good and catchy.”
Aamir Khan plays a wrestler in the film. Vikram Singh is a big fan of Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone and is a trained boxer himself, so he thought the genre of ‘Dangal’ suited him.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
“I had played a tough Haryanvi Jat in ‘Heropanti’ and have a command over that language. The characters of ‘Dangal’ also have their backdrop in Haryana. So, I thought of giving it a try, and spoke to Aamir sir to see if there is a role of a main villain or something similar,” he said.
Casting director Mukesh Chhabra, who is known for bringing the right faces for some of the popular films of the industry, was also involved with ‘Dangal’. So, Singh approached him.
He said: “We were in touch, but there was nothing concrete that they could offer me. Even Aamir sir told me that there is nothing concrete because you have done the successful ‘Heropanti’ as the main villain and also done lot of quality work in south India.”
- What Salman said was unfortunate and insensitive: Aamir Khan
- Aamir Khan wanted to do Dangal after he was 60
- Glad that Aparshakti is in film with Aamir: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Really proud of Aamir's Dangal, says wife Kiran Rao
- Dangal will release on Christmas and not Independence Day, confirms Aamir Khan
- Happy my brother will be seen in 'Dangal': Ayushmann Khurrana
“So, it was not something very meaty or interesting for me. I took Aamir Khan and Mukesh’s advice… They guided me that there is nothing which could help my career after doing so many films and having such a zeal to grow. So, I dropped the idea of ‘Dangal’. But people still think that I’m a part of ‘Dangal’, we can’t do much about it.”
Singh was last seen as a villain in Kannada film “Rana Vikrama”, for which he dubbed his own lines.