The villain of ‘Heropanti’, actor Ranjha Vikram Singh, says he was in talks for a role in superstar Aamir Khan for his film ‘Dangal’, but was advised against doing the film as there was not ‘something meaty’ for him. There were rumours that Ranjha Vikram Singh was in consideration for a role in the movie.
But clarifying his stance, he said: “I really wanted to be part of that film, I wanted to work with Aamir Khan. ‘Dangal’, the title itself is very good and catchy.”
Aamir Khan plays a wrestler in the film. Vikram Singh is a big fan of Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone and is a trained boxer himself, so he thought the genre of ‘Dangal’ suited him.
“I had played a tough Haryanvi Jat in ‘Heropanti’ and have a command over that language. The characters of ‘Dangal’ also have their backdrop in Haryana. So, I thought of giving it a try, and spoke to Aamir sir to see if there is a role of a main villain or something similar,” he said.
Casting director Mukesh Chhabra, who is known for bringing the right faces for some of the popular films of the industry, was also involved with ‘Dangal’. So, Singh approached him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said: “We were in touch, but there was nothing concrete that they could offer me. Even Aamir sir told me that there is nothing concrete because you have done the successful ‘Heropanti’ as the main villain and also done lot of quality work in south India.”
- Aamir Khan was involved but didn't interfere with music in Dangal: Amitabh Bhattacharya
- What Salman said was unfortunate and insensitive: Aamir Khan
- Glad that Aparshakti is in film with Aamir: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Really proud of Aamir's Dangal, says wife Kiran Rao
- Dangal will release on Christmas and not Independence Day, confirms Aamir Khan
- Happy my brother will be seen in 'Dangal': Ayushmann Khurrana
“So, it was not something very meaty or interesting for me. I took Aamir Khan and Mukesh’s advice… They guided me that there is nothing which could help my career after doing so many films and having such a zeal to grow. So, I dropped the idea of ‘Dangal’. But people still think that I’m a part of ‘Dangal’, we can’t do much about it.”
Singh was last seen as a villain in Kannada film “Rana Vikrama”, for which he dubbed his own lines.