Even after his prolific four decades in the Bollywood, megastar Amitabh Bachchan says he still gets cold feet before the release of his films.
“We are always anxious about every product that we do. It is like an examination for us, a test and we are anxious to know whether the work we have done is appreciated by the audiences or not,” Bachchan, who is here to attend the third Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM), told PTI.
The 71-year-old actor, who had taken a sabbatical from work in the 1990s, feels that distancing himself from cinema was a mistake. “I thought on those lines few years ago back in 90s which was a mistake. I shouldn’t have done that. Now I want to continue,” he said.
Fresh from his last release, ‘Bhootnath Returns’, a sequel to 2008 horror-comedy of the same name, Bachchan is gearing up for a busy year as he has three films on his plate, along with TV shows.
“I have got R Balki, Shoojit Sircar’s film and a production with Vidhu Vinod Chopra. I have a TV serial that I have been working on. That should finish by June-July and I have another TV show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ in August,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Last night, Bachchan along with other stars including Kangana Ranaut, attended the glitzy inaugural award ceremony of the third IFFM, where he was honoured with the International Screen Icon award on behalf of Victorian government.
He had also presented a prestigious PhD scholarship award to an Indian student incepted under his name – ‘Shri Amitabh Bachchan Scholarship’ – by Melbourne based La Trobe University.