Varun Dhawan, known for his brilliant dance moves, says he is too “new” to fall into the league of Bollywood’s best dancers.
Varun, 28, who will be next seen in Remo D’Souza’s “ABCD 2”, said Hrithik Roshan has been his inspiration behind taking up dance seriously.
“In terms of dancing, Hrithik is an inspiration to our generation. He is brilliant at what he does. That’s his style. My style is different too. So, we should carry on with our own style and don’t compare,” Varun told reporters during the promotion of “ABCD 2” here.
The “Badlapur” star feels it is good that people are comparing the upcoming film, a sequel to the 2013 film “ABCD”, with Hollywood’s “Step Up”.
- Happy birthday Hrithik Roshan: Here’s why the Super 30 actor is Bollywood’s true ‘Greek God’
- Varun Dhawan: Most of my films are made for kids
- Padmavati controversy: Hrithik Roshan, Varun Dhawan and Sonakshi Sinha condemn death threats to Deepika Padukone
- Hall of Fame: Varun Dhawan-Russell Peters dance to Shahid Kapoor-Mira romance, all that made the awards memorable. See pics, video
- I am most comfortable with Shraddha: Varun Dhawan
- International dance forms overshadowing Indian dances: Remo D’Souza
“‘Step Up’ is ‘ABCD 2’ of America. Honestly, the comparison even happened with the first film. But let the audience decide what it feels. It’s flattering that you are comparing us to one of the best dance films,” he said.
“ABCD 2” is the story about real life struggles of couple of choreographers, who went on to win the World Hip-Hop dance championship.
“Dance is the real star of the film. We rehearsed six months for the dance in the movie. At least physically, this has been the toughest film for me because I had to get in the best shape to play a dancer. We play Indias’s finest dancers in the film,” he said.