Bhagyashree, best known for playing the love interest of Salman Khan in the movie “Maine Pyar Kiya”, started her career with TV show “Kachchi Dhoop” and now she’s returning to her roots with “Laut Aao Trisha”. The actress is not ready to call it a “comeback” as she feels she’s always been in her fans’ hearts.
“I have never felt that I went away from my fans. I have always been in their heart and so I don’t like the word comeback,” Bhagyashree told reporters here while she was in the capital for the promotion of her forthcoming show, to be aired on Life OK starting July 21.
An emotional thriller, “Laut Aao Trisha” is an intriguing story full of tricky plots and deals with “in family crimes”.
Talking about her role, the 45-year-old said: “I play the role of Amrita Swaikar, an adamant mother who begins a quest to search for her missing daughter. The story is bold and thrilling and will also touch the issues that plague the society in a manner that is sensitive yet thought provoking.
“Such scenarios make us wonder if there is really a city for girls in India.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Born in a royal Marathi-speaking Patwardhan family, the actress says she wants to stand out by doing powerful roles and play substantial characters on the small screen.
“I don’t want to do regressive roles. I want to do strong substantial roles. It should excite me. And I don’t think that if I play a meek character, audiences will like it. They wouldn’t want me to do a weak character,” Bhagyashree said.
Her decision to resume working was driven by her children’s request.
“My 19-year-old daughter went to London to pursue her studies last year and before she went, she took a promise saying, ‘We have really enjoyed the time that you spent with us but now you have to promise me that you will live your life for yourself. I want you to work. I want you to go and do what you have always enjoyed doing’,” she said.
Bhagyashree, who is married to Himalaya Dasani, has two children – a son aged 22 and a 19-year-old daughter.
Having featured in other TV shows like “Aandhi Jasbaton Ki” and “Didi Ka Dulha” apart from a dance reality show like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3”, the actress has also done some Bollywood and regional cinema.
In the time when she was away from the limelight of Bollywood, what did she do?
“I did a couple of movies in the south, travelled all over the world, which I really love to do, and looked after my family,” said the actress.