Actress Divya Dutta says working with friends makes the experience enjoyable but doing a film for the sake of friendship is not on her to-do list.
Calling her next film titled “Chalk N Duster”, helmed by Jayant Gilatar, “most interesting”, she told IANS: “I was going to meet somebody. I was in a building lobby and then I met the director by chance. He said ‘I was going to call you up.’ I asked ‘Why?’. He said ‘I am starting a film called ‘Chalk N Duster’. I want you to do the main negative role’.”
Shocked by the offer, the actress thought that the director was joking.
“He was serious. The kind of faith he had in me… I instantly agreed to do the film,” she said.
But Divya added that she is not one of those actors who will take up a project for the sake of friendship.
“I never do films for relationships. They only add on. There are some things that you do instinctively. Being an actor, it’s very important to keep the actor in me happy. I am sure people won’t call me for anything stupid. The kind of work you do, is what matters,” said the actress, who has impressed with her work in films like “Veer-Zaara”, “Delhi-6”, “Welcome to Sajjanpur” and “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”.
Her forthcoming film “Chalk N Duster”, which will hit the screens on January 15, is based on commercialisation of education. Divya says it depicts reality.
- Divya Dutta on 'walking out' of Babumoshai Bandookbaaz trailer launch: This is funny to hear, why would I cry?
- Divya Dutta to play prostitute, says 'it's interesting'
- Enjoyed playing the negative role in 'Chalk N Duster': Divya Dutta
- It is wrong to categorise actors: Divya Dutta
- Divya Dutta excited about negative role in 'Chalk n Duster'
- I am not insecure about Mallika: Divya Dutta
“Everything has become commercial… right from the medical department to teaching. Anything that is ambitious, that offers opportunity has become commercial,” she said.