Actress Deepika Padukone says when it comes to acting, she is selfish.
“We all work so hard on every movie and want each one to have its own space to do it… sort of properly. But I look at the overall picture, of course I am selfish as an actor,” Deepika said at the unveiling of the video of “Wat wat wat” song from her forthcoming film “Tamasha”.
Deepika is elated that this year has been one of the best.
“While ‘Piku’ has already released, now we have ‘Tamasha’ and then ‘Bajirao Mastani’. So, as an actor I am very happy,” said the 29-year-old.
- Deepika Padukone finds a spot in TIME’s 100 most influential list
- All the times Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh were all set to tie the knot
- Amitabh Choudhary writes to BCCI CEO objecting to appointment of new Marketing GM who had ‘slut shamed Deepika Padukone’
- Deepika Padukone: It’s difficult to ignore fame and attention
- Deepika Padukone on Padmaavat: I will always cherish Ranveer and Shahid’s contribution
- Happy Birthday Deepika Padukone: This is how Padmavati actor manages to distinguish herself from the Bollywood rat-race
Talking about “Tamasha”, she said: “‘Tamasha’ is something that talks about breaking stereotype and expressing things differently. And I think we were expressing the character’s mood differently, how one could normally express that.”
The movie also stars Ranbir Kapoor.