“Deepika holds a special significance in my life. She is somebody I respect and admire a lot, somebody whom I have grown close to. She is an awesome person, she is somebody for whom I have great amount of admiration,” Ranveer told PTI.
Since the time Ranveer and Deepika started working on romantic drama film ‘Ram Leela’, they have been often seen together and there are speculations about their relationship.
“We are friends. We go out and hang out. I go out and hang out with lot of other people as well, but they are not as famous as her… she is a very cool person to hang out with, I thoroughly enjoy her company. We hang out like any other youngsters who are friendly with each other. I have school friends, Arjun Kapoor… and assistant directors etc with whom I go out. I am protective about all my friends,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The 28-year-old actor, however, said he is currently single and “ready to mingle.
On his comments during the time he was down with dengue that he was suffering from “loveria,” the actor clarified, “I have said it before, that was a very stupid interview that I gave. That interview is invalid.”
Ranveer said he had just come out of the hospital and was under heavy medication when he gave that interview.
“I am usually a fun loving person and I say most of the things in a jest. Sometimes I get in trouble, but over a period of time, I think people now realise that most of the things I say are in jest. They are used to it,” he said.
The actor said he does not want to change himself.
“I would be just the way I am. For me if you are a certain way, people are going to pass a judgement, so be the way you are,” he said, adding that “…I don’t like getting serious in any situation, I like to joke, I like to have fun and keep the atmosphere light and make people laugh.”
Shahid Kapoor recently said he would not date an actress, but Ranveer does not share the opinion.
“I think it is good if you have a common ground, you understand each other’s work and you have many things to talk about, common interest. I don’t think there is any problem in that,” he said.
Speaking of her first co-star Anushka Sharma, he said, “I did my first and second film with Anushka, so we used to work together, we used to get time to interact a lot. After that we haven’t worked together, so we have drifted apart. But she is somebody who always holds a special significance in my life as she was my first heroine. She is somebody who taught me so many things as I was raw and new…. I genuinely believe she is one of the outstanding talents our industry has.”
Commenting on his flamboyant image, he said, “I would want to be known for my films. It is not something that I do to get attention, it just happens. If I am in news for my films, my life would be much happier.”
On the reports that at the recent wedding of Dharmendra and Hema Malini’s daughter Ahana Deol, Ranveer thrashed a photographer who captured a picture of him with Deepika, the actor said the story was blown out of proportion.
“It is not true. We were all at a wedding reception and we were at a private party there… which was happening in a different enclosure. The person who was taking the photos was taking it without permission, he was not a wedding photographer, he was taking photos secretly. I told him it is not right, if you would ask for a photo I would not say no, but you are taking photos without permission,” he said.
“I am 28 years old now and since the last seven years I have not beaten up anyone. I did not get wild but made him understood. There were security people around me, so there was no need to beat him up. I think it the story is made up to spoil my name,” he added.