Vidya Balan says marriage has changed her life, adding that there was a time when she thought she will never settle down. “Marriage changes you. I had never thought that I will marry, then I met Siddharth and my mindset changed. I could never imagine myself staying in a marriage. That’s a huge change for me,” Vidya said.
Vidya got married to film producer Siddharth Roy Kapur in 2012.
The Dirty Picture actress added: “When you are single you can do whatever you want to and even get into a shell, but when you are living with someone you begin to value what you want.” On the film front, Vidya will next be seen in Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh. Talking about her character, she said: Durga Rani Singh is complicated. She is someone who seems and rather wants to be invisible. She does not want to interact with the world and lives in her own world.
“Then a certain situation of her life challenges her completely and she comes out of her shell. I never thought a person like her can evolve .That complication fascinated me.” From Parineeta, Paa, Ishqiya to Bhool Bhulaiyaa — she has been very selective about her projects.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Vidya says there is no formula that she sticks to while picking projects.
“I choose roles instinctively. I have no formula or takes. I ask myself, do I really want to tell this story or whether I want to watch this film as an audience. Do I want to live this person’s life?” she said.
Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh also stars Arjun Rampal and is set to release on December 2.