- Video of Ranbir Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan dancing on “Bole Chudiyan” is breaking the internet
- Padmavati rangoli row: All the controversies Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh starrer has courted before its release
- Rani Mukerji and Aditya Chopra Diwali party photos: Karan Johar, Deepika Padukone and Neil Nitin Mukesh among others in attendance
Various connotations were taken out of this ‘co-incidence’ and questions were raised. Deepika, however, remains unfazed and insists, “The party was a last-minute idea, with calls going out only the night before. The Bombay Velvet makers – Anurag Kashyap, Madhu Mantena and Vikas Bahl – were there. Only Vikramaditya Motwane was away in Cannes. I also invited Ranbir and Katrina but I can understand them not wanting to party since I’ve gone through similar phases in my career. I will never do anything to hurt Ranbir.”
- Photos: Ranveer Singh shows his fierce side as Alauddin Khilji in Padmavati
- Ranbir Kapoor: The evolution of Bollywood's most sought-after heartthrob
- Padmavati: From Deepika Padukone's leaked look to Karni Sena burning posters, here are all the latest updates
- Happy Friendship Day: Priyanka Chopra-Kangana Ranaut to Ranbir Kapoor-Aditya Roy Kapur, here are Bollywood's lesser known BFFs
- Here's why we prefer Ranbir Kapoor-Deepika Padukone's sparkling chemistry over Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif's cold vibes
- You cannot challenge the audience: Ranbir Kapoor
According to a report published in Mumbai Mirror, Deepika also says, “I’ve yet to see ‘Bombay Velvet’ but it belonged to friends of mine and I empathise with their pain, I think the negativity surrounding it is unfair.”
While the dimpled actress has been on a winning spree for long as far as her movies are concerned, she has always maintained a stoic silence over her relationship status with actor Ranveer Singh. Upon being asked about getting clicked together at the ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ special screening, Deepika says, “He and I are very clear about our equation and what we mean to each other. I don’t have to give the relationship a tag for someone reading this.”
The talented actress is all praises for her ‘RamLeela’ and ‘Bajirao Mastani’ co-actor Ranveer’s performance in the Zoya Akhtar directorial. “He’s a chameleon. I’d seen him in ‘Band Baaja Baraat’, ‘Lootera’ and ‘RamLeela’. Then to see him so comfortable in a different, more urban world, made me react with an amazed, ‘You can do this also!'” Deepika says.
Deepika will next be seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and Imtiaz Ali’s ‘Tamasha’.