Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan is all praise for Kabir Khan, who has directed his upcoming “Phantom”, saying he feels secure having the “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” filmmaker at the helm of affairs.
Saif is starring opposite Katrina Kaif in the film, which is slated to hit the screens on August 28 this year.
“I love this kind of film. I am happy this worked for me. I am happy working with Kabir. We both like this idea of a film. I feel secure when Kabir is at the helm of affairs,” he told reporters at the trailer launch of “Phantom” here.
“We did meet earlier when he (Kabir) was making ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and I was working on ‘Agent Vinod’… to make sure we are not making same stuff,” the “Dil Chahta Hai” star added.
- Phantom review: Kabir Khan’s thriller with Katrina Kaif, Saif Ali Khan has no crackle, only fizz
- Will Saif Ali Khan-Katrina Kaif’s ‘Phantom’ be as successful as Kabir Khan’s last?
- Saif Ali Khan: Hope ‘Phantom’ is loved by the audience
- Saif Ali Khan: Kabir Khan is like J.P. Dutta
- Anybody would be lucky to have Katrina Kaif as girlfriend: Saif Ali Khan
- Censor Board initially rejected posters of Katrina Kaif, Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Phantom’
The film co-produced by UTV and Sajid Nadiadwala is based on Hussain Zaidi’s novel ‘Mumbai Avengers’ and is set in the aftermath of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks and deals with global terrorism.
When asked what people in Pakistan think about anti-Pakistan films, Saif said, “I spoke to one of my relative (there) and he says he doesn’t like films that are bashing Pakistan.
“I want to do a variety of roles. I wanted to do this film as it excited me it had a big director Kabir Khan and heroine like Katrina Kaif…it was a nice opportunity,” the 44-year-old actor said.