With Jackie Shroff’s son Tiger poised for a debut in ‘Heropanti’ on May 23, producer Sajid Nadiadwala who is busy with his own directorial debut ‘Kick’, feels as responsible towards Tiger as any parent.
“It’s a very strange mix of parental pride and a teacher’s concern. I’ve been a part of Tiger’s life from the time he was a child. I was there when he was born. Luckily I’m also a part of his second birth, when his career takes off. So you could say I feel a double responsibility towards Tiger.”
Sajid has never felt so nervous about any of his films before. “Tiger is the first actor I’m launching in my entire career as a producer. That he’s being launched during the same year when I make my debut as a director gives me an added feeling of identification with Tiger. I know what he must be going through,” says Sajid with a nervous laugh, dismissing the contention that being his father’s son would help Tiger get a larger audience.
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
“I don’t think audiences today are sentimental about the stars. Of course, there would be certain sense of identification with Jackie Dada because Tiger is his son in every way. But let me tell you, Tiger does his own thing on screen. After audiences see Tiger they’ll realize that the father and son are two different actors,” observes Sajid who is deeply impressed by Tiger’s dedication.
Says Sajid, “Tiger is exceptionally hard working and disciplined. He starts his day early, does martial arts religiously. You won’t see him partying and lazing around. For Tiger, leisure is not a luxury. It is part of his work. He is most relaxed when he is working.”
When asked to rate Tiger as an actor Sajid says, “According to me, he is a complete star material. He fills up the screen with self-confidence. I can sense his urgent need to do his best in every shot, Tiger can’t go wrong.”
2014 is the year when Sajid Nadiadwala produces his most acclaimed work. He feels Heropanti has the same potential as Highway. “When I agreed to produce ‘Highway’, my director Imtiaz Ali wanted it to be a stop-gap film to be made in the period when the film that he wanted to do with Ranbir Kapoor had to wait for lack of dates. But we all forgot a film by Imtiaz Ali can never be perceived as stop-gap. The audience accepted it wholeheartedly. I feel ‘Heropanti’ too has a similar destiny waiting for it. We’ve gone all out to ensure Tiger has the best possible launch. I feel as responsible about Tiger’s career as I would about my own son.”