Actor Ram Kapoor, who seems to have broken the image of a stereotypical hero on small screen with many of his characters, says he hardly gets time to watch television.
When asked if he gets time to watch his wife Gautami’s TV series “Tere Sheher Mein”, he told IANS: “I haven’t had the time to watch (the show). I don’t watch TV and I don’t watch my own shows either. She knows I am not the audience for this.”
“Most of the time I am busy. Also I like to work and move on as I don’t like to sit back and watch it. I have never been a big fan of watching my own shows,” he added.
- Juhi Chawla: Films are still hero-centric
- Mouni Roy on working with Akshay Kumar in Gold: Lucky to stand in the same frame as him
- Growing up in Pakistan with Shashi Kapoor
- Smriti Irani reveals that Ekta Kapoor signed her despite the production team found her unfit for TV
- Happy Birthday Ram Kapoor: 10 interesting, unknown facts about the Bade Achhe Lagte Hain actor
- Ram Kapoor on making a comeback on TV with new serial 'Dil Ki Baatein Dil Hi Jaane'
Ram, however, says she is very supportive as a wife.
“Gautami is supportive. She is an actor and she knows how hard it is to survive here and she is happy with my success. She has realised that this is a good time for me and she supports me,” said the actor, who is set for his next release “Kuch Kuch Locha Hai” that also stars Sunny Leone.
Slated to release on May 8, “Kuch Kuch Locha Hai” also features Evelyn Sharma and Navdeep Chhabra.
In the film, Ram plays a 45-year-old married man, who witnesses a turmoil in his life after he gets a chance to meet Bollywood star Shanaya (Sunny), whom he always fantasised about.
Directed by Devang Dholakia, the film is slated to release on Friday.