I don’t know who Prasoon Joshi is: Sunny Leone

Bollywood actress Sunny Leone refused to react on Prasoon Joshi's criticism levelled at her past profession saying she doesn't know who he was.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: January 28, 2016 1:34 pm
Sunny Leone, Prasoon Joshi, Sunny Leone Prasoon Joshi When asked to comment on Prasoon Joshi’s criticism levelled at her past profession, Sunny Leone, who was on a visit to Lawman’s store, said, “I don’t know who Prasoon Joshi is. I will google him and then I will comment.”

Bollywood actress Sunny Leone refused to react on Prasoon Joshi’s criticism levelled at her past profession saying she doesn’t know who he was.

When asked to comment on noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi’s criticism of her past profession, Sunny Leone said, “I don’t know who Prasoon Joshi is. I will google him and then I will comment.”

Sunny Leone, who was on a visit to Lawman’s store in Mumbai, also tweeted on Thursday (January 28).

At Rang De Basanti’s 10 anniversary celebrations, Prasoon Joshi had criticised Sunny Leone’s past profession and said that he has no respect for the same and youth should not be inspired to follow her profession. (I will not praise Sunny Leone’s profession and don’t want youth to get inspired by it: Prasoon Joshi)

(Also read: I would like to work with Sunny Leone if she is ready: Aamir Khan)

Prasoon Joshi had said: “I don’t respect Sunny Leone’s profession. I wouldn’t want our youth to get inspired by her profession. But because of that to make a person feel as an accused and disrespect her is not something that one should do. But this should not be taken to mean that if someone is a drug dealer by profession that should be seen as his personal work. I will not respect that profession. And I will say that you shouldn’t be doing this. But that doesn’t mean that when that comes before me will I disrespect him or her. I wouldn’t. My culture doesn’t allow me. But I will not praise her profession. If there is a profession which doesn’t play a constructive role in building a great society we need to criticise it as well. It’s a free society. People have choices to make, and if choices are not great those should be criticised. Somewhere one should draw a fine line.”

After her now famous interview, Bollywood Superstar Aamir Khan also said that he would love to work with her. He also said that he would like to work with her if the actress is ready. (Read: Getting support from Aamir Khan great feeling: Sunny Leone)

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

DN
    Jan 28, 2016 at 4:50 am
    You are allowed to disagree with Devashish but to ume you can immoralize his women talks poorly of you. Talks poorly of how effortlessly you choose to immoralize people just because they have a opinion you disagree with.
      abhi T
      Jan 28, 2016 at 8:36 am
      I agree with prasoon.
        abhi T
        Jan 28, 2016 at 8:40 am
        If ISIS is most googled organization . then should i respect it. No Not at all. Each person have some social responsibility and every one should analyze themselves for what they are giving to this society/generation ,what message they are giving with there deed.
          Rajesh
          Jan 27, 2016 at 11:34 am
          Sunny, Prasooon is just another hypocrite who jerks off to your videos in private, and abuses you in public.
            devashish patwardhan
            Jan 28, 2016 at 12:09 am
            I really don't get why you 'should criticise' someone. If she makes a choice, since it is a free country, we should respect it. We should let everyone do what he or she wants. There is absolutely no need to make people feel bad about the choices they make, unless they're hurting someone. I don't think Sunny has ever hurt someone. People like this Joshi guy will always bring us down. We need to be more open minded and let people live their lives and not bring them down.
            1. N
              NArayan
              Jan 27, 2016 at 12:02 pm
              Indian film industry is a farce or is it media? ...real talented people are not given their due...people who can generate media hype are the only survivors here
              1. J
                john christian
                Jun 20, 2016 at 5:34 pm
                U fool! Aren't u aware of Sunny's unhappy parents of their daughter's profession. You cannot be free to let your dear ones down from the career you choose against the society.
                  KAmarnathr KR
                  Jan 27, 2016 at 10:44 am
                  "My culture doesn’t allow me." Prasoon will not disrespect her because his culture does not allow. Hence, if his culture allowed, he would disrespect. How could a writer/poet come up with such lame statement? beats me.