I don’t know who Prasoon Joshi is: Sunny Leone

Bollywood actress Sunny Leone refused to react on Prasoon Joshi's criticism levelled at her past profession saying she doesn't know who he was.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: January 28, 2016 1:34 pm
Sunny Leone, Prasoon Joshi, Sunny Leone Prasoon Joshi When asked to comment on Prasoon Joshi’s criticism levelled at her past profession, Sunny Leone, who was on a visit to Lawman’s store, said, “I don’t know who Prasoon Joshi is. I will google him and then I will comment.”

Bollywood actress Sunny Leone refused to react on Prasoon Joshi’s criticism levelled at her past profession saying she doesn’t know who he was.

When asked to comment on noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi’s criticism of her past profession, Sunny Leone said, “I don’t know who Prasoon Joshi is. I will google him and then I will comment.”

Sunny Leone, who was on a visit to Lawman’s store in Mumbai, also tweeted on Thursday (January 28).

At Rang De Basanti’s 10 anniversary celebrations, Prasoon Joshi had criticised Sunny Leone’s past profession and said that he has no respect for the same and youth should not be inspired to follow her profession. (I will not praise Sunny Leone’s profession and don’t want youth to get inspired by it: Prasoon Joshi)

(Also read: I would like to work with Sunny Leone if she is ready: Aamir Khan)

Prasoon Joshi had said: “I don’t respect Sunny Leone’s profession. I wouldn’t want our youth to get inspired by her profession. But because of that to make a person feel as an accused and disrespect her is not something that one should do. But this should not be taken to mean that if someone is a drug dealer by profession that should be seen as his personal work. I will not respect that profession. And I will say that you shouldn’t be doing this. But that doesn’t mean that when that comes before me will I disrespect him or her. I wouldn’t. My culture doesn’t allow me. But I will not praise her profession. If there is a profession which doesn’t play a constructive role in building a great society we need to criticise it as well. It’s a free society. People have choices to make, and if choices are not great those should be criticised. Somewhere one should draw a fine line.”

After her now famous interview, Bollywood Superstar Aamir Khan also said that he would love to work with her. He also said that he would like to work with her if the actress is ready. (Read: Getting support from Aamir Khan great feeling: Sunny Leone)

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

DN
    Jan 28, 2016 at 4:50 am
    You are allowed to disagree with Devashish but to ume you can immoralize his women talks poorly of you. Talks poorly of how effortlessly you choose to immoralize people just because they have a opinion you disagree with.
      abhi T
      Jan 28, 2016 at 8:36 am
      I agree with prasoon.
        abhi T
        Jan 28, 2016 at 8:40 am
        If ISIS is most googled organization . then should i respect it. No Not at all. Each person have some social responsibility and every one should analyze themselves for what they are giving to this society/generation ,what message they are giving with there deed.
          Rajesh
          Jan 27, 2016 at 11:34 am
          Sunny, Prasooon is just another hypocrite who jerks off to your videos in private, and abuses you in public.
            devashish patwardhan
            Jan 28, 2016 at 12:09 am
            I really don't get why you 'should criticise' someone. If she makes a choice, since it is a free country, we should respect it. We should let everyone do what he or she wants. There is absolutely no need to make people feel bad about the choices they make, unless they're hurting someone. I don't think Sunny has ever hurt someone. People like this Joshi guy will always bring us down. We need to be more open minded and let people live their lives and not bring them down.
            1. N
              NArayan
              Jan 27, 2016 at 12:02 pm
              Indian film industry is a farce or is it media? ...real talented people are not given their due...people who can generate media hype are the only survivors here
              1. J
                john christian
                Jun 20, 2016 at 5:34 pm
                U fool! Aren't u aware of Sunny's unhappy parents of their daughter's profession. You cannot be free to let your dear ones down from the career you choose against the society.
                  KAmarnathr KR
                  Jan 27, 2016 at 10:44 am
                  "My culture doesn’t allow me." Prasoon will not disrespect her because his culture does not allow. Hence, if his culture allowed, he would disrespect. How could a writer/poet come up with such lame statement? beats me.
                    KAmarnathr KR
                    Jan 27, 2016 at 10:54 am
                    "My culture doesn’t allow me." Prasoon will not disrespect her because his culture does not allow. If his culture allowed, then he would. Indian culture has a sufficient misogynist streak that puts women at disadvantage. Given that "Indian culture allows" misogyny, Prasoon should make it clear if he indulges in it.
                    1. C
                      Chandran
                      Feb 8, 2016 at 2:59 pm
                      Have some clarity in thinking.
                      1. C
                        Chandran
                        Feb 8, 2016 at 3:02 pm
                        Prasoon joshi is a self-styled censor board and country's foremost commander of the moral brigade.
                        1. G
                          GetStuffed
                          Jan 28, 2016 at 1:13 am
                          If you are so pro sunny .. you dont mind being a pimp of you mother, sister and daughter and would proudly advertise it saying it's profession just like any other. What's the big deal giving head to some needy person and get paid for that. Proud of you Devashish
                            Raghu
                            Jan 28, 2016 at 3:17 am
                            Why this charectorless B.I.T.C.H. is in our country? Not enough money in c.o.c.k. s.u.k.i.n.g Business?
                            1. V
                              Vivek
                              Jan 27, 2016 at 7:22 pm
                              Prasoon ..just mind your own business....today prasoon..tomorrow someone else..its has become fashion to take sunny name and be in news..good sunny u dont have to ans or react to everyone
                                Rishi
                                Jan 28, 2016 at 8:29 am
                                Even I don't know both ..sunny and prasoon. I will go to my dustbin to find both.
                                1. G
                                  Guest
                                  Jan 27, 2016 at 10:57 am
                                  Prasoon Joshi Kudos to you...Finally somebody gets the facts correct....... Sunny Leone can't even act and stars in meaningless bollywood films which earn the bucks because people watch only because of her fame from past profession. As against that Prasoon Joshi is a gifted writer/lyricist/artist.
                                  1. G
                                    Guest
                                    Jan 27, 2016 at 11:27 am
                                    chak de India, SWADES V/s mastizaade, ragini mms etc, choice is yours
                                      Surendra Babu
                                      Jan 27, 2016 at 7:50 pm
                                      Instead of blaming sunney Leone, blame the producers who are making this film
                                      1. V
                                        Vishal walikar
                                        Jan 27, 2016 at 1:29 pm
                                        Now I know who prasoon joshi is 😜
                                        1. I
                                          Indianfirst
                                          Jan 27, 2016 at 10:31 am
                                          Shame on you Prasoon Joshi...
                                            Daisy boy
                                            Jan 28, 2016 at 8:27 am
                                            Hit the sin, not the sinner.