Both Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla refutedrumours of animosity between them in the 90s, when they were at the peak of their career. Madhuri and Juhi said the ‘perceived’ cold relations were because of the fact that both actresses were busy with their respective fields and that before ‘Gulaab Gang’, they never had an opportunity to meet. (A little hard to believe!)
Former Miss India, Juhi Chawla also revealed that she had once rejected an opportunity to work with Madhuri Dixit back in the 90s.
Juhi Chawla said that fresh from the success of ‘Darr’, Yash Chopra offered her the role of free spirited Nisha in ‘Dil Toh Pagal Hai’, which she rejected since she would be the second actress of the film while the first was Madhuri Dixit. The role eventually went to actress Karisma Kapoor.
Juhi Chawla, also admitted that in retrospect she regrets certain films she let go because the fame-bug had smitten her.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Juhi said that there was a time she thought the industry would stop if she would not give her nod to the films!
On working with Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla said that when ‘Gulaab Gang’ was first offered to her, she liked the script but could not see herself as the shrewd and manipulative politician role she was offered. However, she reconsidered about working in the film because Madhuri Dixit was the hero of the film.
Debutant director Soumik Sen says that ‘Gulaab Gang’ is a story where both the protagonist and antagonist are women, while men are only playing supporting roles.
The film draws its inspiration from the real life vigilante group ‘Gulabi Gang’ which operated in the Bundelkhand area of Uttar Pradesh under the tutelage of Sampat Pal.
The film is set to release on the eve of International Women’s Day March 7.