Considered to be rivals in the 90s, Bollywood actresses Juhi Chawla and Madhuri Dixit revealed much about their inter-personal relationship on filmmaker Karan Johar’s talk show ‘Koffee With Karan’.
Both Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla refutedrumours of animosity between them in the 90s, when they were at the peak of their career. Madhuri and Juhi said the ‘perceived’ cold relations were because of the fact that both actresses were busy with their respective fields and that before ‘Gulaab Gang’, they never had an opportunity to meet. (A little hard to believe!)
Former Miss India, Juhi Chawla also revealed that she had once rejected an opportunity to work with Madhuri Dixit back in the 90s.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Juhi Chawla said that fresh from the success of ‘Darr’, Yash Chopra offered her the role of free spirited Nisha in ‘Dil Toh Pagal Hai’, which she rejected since she would be the second actress of the film while the first was Madhuri Dixit. The role eventually went to actress Karisma Kapoor.
Juhi Chawla, also admitted that in retrospect she regrets certain films she let go because the fame-bug had smitten her.
Juhi said that there was a time she thought the industry would stop if she would not give her nod to the films!
On working with Madhuri Dixit, Juhi Chawla said that when ‘Gulaab Gang’ was first offered to her, she liked the script but could not see herself as the shrewd and manipulative politician role she was offered. However, she reconsidered about working in the film because Madhuri Dixit was the hero of the film.
Debutant director Soumik Sen says that ‘Gulaab Gang’ is a story where both the protagonist and antagonist are women, while men are only playing supporting roles.
The film draws its inspiration from the real life vigilante group ‘Gulabi Gang’ which operated in the Bundelkhand area of Uttar Pradesh under the tutelage of Sampat Pal.
The film is set to release on the eve of International Women’s Day March 7.