Neil Nitin Mukesh, who is the grandson of famed singer Mukesh, says that despite being from a film family, he had to “beg” for work in showbiz.
The actor was present at the launch of spot girl-turned-author Komal Mehta’s book “Spot Girl” when he disclosed his share of hardships in the filmdom.
“When I came in the industry, I have been to every single door. I have been to every producer’s door. I literally beggged them for work,” the 32-year-old said here.
“Anyone I used to meet, used to say, ‘Hi, hello’ or ‘Oh! You are Mukesh’s grandson.’ But nobody really gave me work. I was 22 years old at that time but I started struggling and finding work at the age 19,” he added.
Neil made an impressive debut with “Johnny Gaddar” in 2007 and went on to be part of many films, including “New York”, “Jail”, “Lafangey Parindey”, “7 Khoon Maaf”, “Players” and “Shortcut Romeo”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He is currently busy with Sooraj Barjatya’s “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” and A.R. Murugadoss’ Tamil film “Kaththi”.