Numerous reports of their rivalry have cropped up but the two actors have always remained cordial in public.
“We are not good friends as we don’t meet often. We are very casual. Whenever we meet we are like colleagues… It is all normal between us,” Devgn told PTI.
The “Singham” actor’s wife Kajol, shares a great rapport with Shah Rukh and the duo make one of the most successful on-screen pair of Bollywood.
- Ajay Devgn on Raid: Challenge was to follow the character as realistically as possible
- Karan Johar on the success of the Khans in Bollywood: Getting success is not that difficult but maintaining it is tough
- Ileana D’Cruz on working with Ajay Devgn in Raid after Baadshaho: You forget that he is a superstar
- Happy to see Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol back on screen: Ajay Devgn
- We’re not enemies: Ajay Devgn on equation with Shah Rukh Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan and I are not friends: Ajay Devgn
SRK and Devgn had a fall out during the release of their films “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” and “Son of Sardaar” in 2012 over screen sharing.
Asked if they buried the hatchet, he said, “We did not talk about it. It was not a war between me and Shah Rukh or Adi (producer Aditya Chopra) and me. It was between ADF (Ajay Devgn Films) and YRF (Yash Raj Films). Both were right as we both were trying to protect our films… A lot of money was riding on both the films. So we had to fight for our product.”
“I did message Adi saying I had nothing against him… and have no qualms,” he added.
The pictures of Devgn and SRK’s meeting in Bulgaria during shooting of Rohit Shetty’s “Dilwale” went viral on social media.
“It was over hyped. I feel the whole problem between us was also over hyped as there was no problem. The media just kept writing about it,” the 46-year-old actor said.
Devgn will be seen next in Nishikant Kamat’s thriller drama “Drishyam”, a remake of Malayalam hit of the same name. The film also stars Tabu, Shirya Saran and Rajat Kapoor and is slated to release on July 31.