I am still living with cancer, says Lisa Ray

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: October 20, 2015 9:42 am
Lisa Ray, Lisa Ray Cancer, Lisa Ray Myeloma, Lisa Ray Blood cancer, Lisa Ray Cancer treatment, Lisa Ray Cancer Diagnosis, Lisa Ray Myeloma Cancer, Lisa Ray Myeloma Diagnosis, Lisa Ray News, Entertainment news “I was diagnosed with blood cancer which is considered incurable and I am still living with this condition,” said Lisa Ray with a smile on her face.

Actress Lisa Ray, who was believed to have successfully battled myeloma (cancer), revealed that she is still living with it. “I was diagnosed with blood cancer which is considered incurable and I am still living with this condition,” said Lisa with a smile on her face.

Preferring to look at the positive side of life, Lisa Ray who was talking at a breast cancer awareness initiative said: “Cancer has transformed my life in so many ways. I drew so much support from people all around the world especially India because I was open about my cancer diagnosis. It did make me very nervous before making public because I didn’t know how people would react. But thankfully, I received great support,” she told reporters today (October 19).

The actress also expressed concern at women cancer patients being stigmatised in certain sections of the society. “There is a need to spread concentrated awareness about cancer and its treatment. We also have to change people’s perceptions especially towards women who are the heart of the family. Women always put themselves last which is wrong. Women tend not to look after themselves because they are always responsible for running the entire family. So, there is a fear in their minds that if something happens to them how will their family run. So, it is always important that they shouldn’t be targeted if they lose their hair. Women should also understand that there is hope. They shouldn’t feel self conscious if they are going through treatment. We need to promote a positive atmosphere for women,” shared Lisa.

Related Article

Recollecting her own battle with cancer, Lisa emphasised on the need to keep hopes alive during treatment.

Lisa Ray Lisa Ray at the function.

“Hope is available to all us at all points of our time. Whether it is cancer or any other difficulties what we have to understand is life is not a cakewalk. Cancer can be an opportunity to learn something and transform yourself. Humour and support can help one pull through,” said Lisa.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Rohit
    Jan 9, 2017 at 6:09 pm
    God bless you from stan
    1. O
      oam
      Apr 5, 2016 at 4:28 pm
      keep it up lisa . you are an awesome person . your one of the supporter from canada
        Pankaj Rathod
        Aug 13, 2016 at 3:28 am
        I love you Lisa.you are so strong to cancer and so humble to your loved ones.. we are with you in any situation.be hopeful reaserch are Going on in cancer critically and new technology definitely bring a Ray of Hope. Be hopeful
          sangran
          Aug 8, 2016 at 7:48 pm
          Dear lisa,lt;br/gt;lots of researchs and triels are being made.lt;br/gt;many drugs and combinations are being approved by fda .with the help of god we will soon find the cure.you are strong wonem plz be positive.
            Pawan kumar
            Oct 19, 2015 at 10:29 pm
            This desease can be cured only by few homopathik treatmemt ..i have seenany people who have been rid from this desease by simple taking homopathik treaent from below address .. Dr. Yeshi dOden , meclodganj dist-dharamshala..Himachal pradesh plz trust me ..my father had alao tjis problem and we have also take treatment ...one of my kin also taking treatment he has cancer in lungs ..his tumer size reduses to just half in just one month ...if you required any information my contact details Pawan kumar meena 8800398365 New delhi
              Rajesh
              Oct 19, 2015 at 4:58 pm
              Stay strong! Fight the Cancer!
                Daisy Victor
                Oct 20, 2015 at 9:01 am
                Brave woman! Kudos...
                  reader
                  Oct 20, 2015 at 1:39 am
                  gonna find a copy of bollywood/hollywood right now.. lisa ray oh so fine!