Actress Deepika Padukone says she is not materialistic and it is the small things in life that make her happy.
“On a personal level gold is not that important an asset… my needs are not material. I rather love to spend time with family, this is an important investment for me…I value that more. I am not materialistic in life,” Deepika told reporters here at a promotional event of her film ‘Piku’ which will hit the screens tomorrow.
- Vishal Bhardwaj on working with Deepika Padukone: The camera loves her
- Happy Birthday Deepika Padukone: This is how Padmavati actor manages to distinguish herself from the Bollywood rat-race
- Happy Birthday, Deepika Padukone: A look at the actor's style evolution since 2006
- Padmavati row: Kangana Ranaut has refused to be a part of what she calls a feminist movement 'Deepika bachao'
- Padmavati controversy: Renuka Shahane supports Sanjay Leela Bhansali film, writes 'my heart goes out' to Deepika Padukone
- Deepika Padukone in this floral Sabyasachi sari with a matching trail looks like a dream
“But I was happy when I bought a house,” the 29-year-old actress said while introducing an exquisite range of gold jewellery named ‘Piku Collection From Senco Gold & Diamonds’.
“I feel a girl’s best ornaments are her inner strength, personality and beauty. I like to keep minimal jewellery… I don’t like to wear too much of everything. I am more into earrings,” said Deepika, who loves both diamond and gold jewellery.
‘Piku’ directed by Shhojit Sircar stars Deepika along with megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan Khan and Moushmi Chatterjee.