Veteran actor Anupam Kher has brushed away rumours suggesting he is joining politics.
The 58-year-old actor said that he is happy working in the film industry and is not contesting elections as a candidate of the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party.
“A worried producer called me to ask if I am contesting elections as an AAP candidate, so what about his shooting. To clarify: I am not,” Kher posted on Twitter.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
“Whosoever is spreading this rumour that I am contesting elections should calm down. I am happy belonging to the world of movies,” he tweeted.
Anupam Kher, however, said that raising his voice as a citizen on issues is important but he could do that without getting into politics.
“As a concerned citizen it is important to raise voice about the issues that bother you. But I don’t need a political platform for that,” he tweeted.