Director I.A. Siddique and lead actor Gabriel Vats of upcoming film “I Am Mr. Mother” have penned a letter, requesting superstar Aamir Khan to lend support to the issue of pregnancy deaths.
Pregnancy deaths form a core theme of the film, highlighting the pain and anguish that women feel during childbirth.
Excerpts of the letter: “Sir, you have displayed extreme dedication towards social causes, including (via) your popular TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ where you’ve highlighted serious issues like female foeticide and violence against women. Similarly, my film shows the importance and difficulties associated with giving birth to a life. Several women lose their life during pregnancy and my film addresses this situation and conveys a message about these deaths.”
- Aamir Khan would love to be part of Sarfarosh sequel
- I feel Bollywood doesn't differentiate on the basis of gender, says Aamir Khan
- Secret Superstar actor Aamir Khan: I don't fear losing stardom
- Secret Superstar: Aamir Khan made sure Zaira Wasim doesn't cheat. Here's how
- Aamir Khan: Secret Superstar is a step in the right direction towards gender equality
- Aamir Khan on his character in Secret Superstar: He has all the bad qualities you can imagine in a man
Siddique wants Aamir to not only support the issue, but also to watch their film and share his feedback on social media.
The dirctor Siddique feels this way, people will come to watch the movie, and there will be more awareness of the sensitive subject of pregnancy deaths.
Siddique is certain that Aamir’s feedback will enrich him as an individual and as a filmmaker.
The film, produced by Raju K. Sontakke under the banner Shri Raja Productions, is gearing up for release this July. It is a dark, emotional story about pain, anguish, love and sacrifice involving a pregnant man.