Actress Sonam Kapoor says she gave the nod to Salman Khan starrer ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ instantly and is quite excited about the movie.
Salman will be seen in a double role in Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’. Sonam will be paired opposite the actor for the second time after ‘Saawariya’.
“I am not nervous, I am very much excited about it. I am looking forward to work with Salman. I have got an amazing role in the film. It was like the easiest decision that I took in my career. I wanted to work with Sooraj Barjatya, I have seen all his films several times,” Sonam told PTI.
“I wanted the green outfit that Madhuri Dixit wore in ‘Didi Tera Dewar Deewana’ from ‘Hum Aapke Hai Kaun’. It is a beautiful romantic film,” she said.
Post ‘Saawariya’, Salman and Sonam were in touch but the superstar has not seen her films.
“I will make sure he watches it (my films). I know he doesn’t have the time as he has got more work to do than anybody else in the industry,” Sonam said.
The shooting for the film will start in June and it isset for Diwali 2015 release.
Besides, Sonam will be seen in Salman’s brother Arbaaz Khan’s home production film ‘Doli Ki Dolly’. Apparently, Sonam plays a runaway bride in the movie.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It is like ‘Runaway Bride’ but not exactly. I am super excited and also super nervous about it because it is a difficult role, it is a complicated, complex character. It is a commercial film. I hope I can do justice to my role,” she said.
Sonam has already finished working on her next film – ‘Khubsoorat’ remake — and the makers plan to show a rough cut to veteran actress Rekha, who was part of the original 1980 hit film.
“As of now we have not shown her the rough cut of the film. But we will show it to her very soon. We showed her ‘Aisha’, we had kept a special screening for her,” Sonam said.
Sonam clarified that there is no special appearance of Rekha in the film. “We are paying an ode to the Hrishikesh Mukherjee film,” she added.
The remake is directed by Shashanka Ghosh and produced by Sonam’s father Anil Kapoor and sister Rhea.