Model-turned-actress Lisa Haydon says she is patiently waiting for appealing projects like her last release ‘Queen’ and is in no mood to go on a signing spree.
Haydon, 27, is keen to bank on the success of Kangana Ranaut-starrer blockbuster ‘Queen’ in which she played a prominent supporting role.
“I am waiting for the right projects to come. I am in no hurry at all. After the blessing of being part of a great film, I want to make sure that whatever I do next capitalises on how amazing ‘Queen’ has been,” Haydon said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“It should be a step forward. I am now traveling to Basel as I endorse for watch brand. I also have a few other commitments to fulfill. Post that I will choose something from what I am being offered,” she added.
Lisa Haydon played an outgoing single mother Vijayalakshmi in the comedy-drama, who makes a living by working as a staff in a hotel.
Her performance as Vijayalakshmi was well received by the audience and Lisa Haydon feels the reason behind that was because everyone could identify with her character.
“It feels really good that something we have put so much effort and love into has been appreciated. People are appreciating it for it’s authenticity. Somewhere they feel like they have been able to identify with Vijayalakshmi.”
“She is compelling and loveable. Characters like her don’t come along everyday so I am just enjoying this moment for what it is,” she said.
The actress, who has starred in films like ‘Aisha’ and ‘Rascals’, does not want to sign projects in which the depth of her role holds less prominence and the focus instead falls on her beauty.
“I don’t mind being good looking but that should not override all my other attributes. Therefore I want to pick a character that I can add dimensions to regardless of her looks,” Lisa Haydon said.
“I want to do roles that provoke us to think differently or realise ourselves in a new light. Characters of women who have an interesting story to tell. I’d love to do a period film, an action film, a character study,” she added.
Even though she is just two-films old in Bollywood, Haydon has worked with some of the established stars like Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn in her previous films.
However, the actress said she cares more about the kind of directors she works with. “I care more about the directors that I get to work with as opposed to the actors,” she said.
Lisa Haydon feels that the industry has taught her new things in life. “I think anybody entering this business has challenges… Be it model, child star or civilian. Everything I have done has taught me something. Every film, every shoot teaches you something new,” she said.