Sharman Joshi has had three releases in the past three years but the actor says he is in no hurry to do films and is rather content with his pace of work.
The 35-year-old actor, whose last three films were ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’ (2012), ‘War Chhod Na Yaar’ in 2013 and ‘Gang of Ghosts’, which hit theatres in March, says it is important for him to be associated with projects that he enjoys doing.
“I want to do good work, give my best and fight out at the box office like any other actor. But I am working at my own pace as I feel that the process of doing a film should be enjoyable. So, I am happy with the phase I am now,” Sharman told PTI.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Though he made his acting debut with 1999 film ‘Godmother’, Sharman’s first movie as a main character was ‘Style’ in 2001. This was followed by roles in films like ‘Rang De Basanti’, ‘Golmaal’, ‘Life in a… Metro’, ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’.
“The journey has been very interesting so far. God has been kind. It is lovely to be a part of this profession which I am passionate about. I have had the opportunity to do diverse roles and work with great directors and I hope the good run continues,” he said.
The two stand-out films of Sharman’s 15-year-long Bollywood career has been ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’, in which he played the main lead and the actor says although both the movies hold a very special place in his heart, the latter has given him individual recognition and acclaim.
“In terms of reach and popularity ‘3 Idiots’ is way ahead any other film in my career. But ‘Ferrari’ is a very special film for me even though it did not have the same successful run like ‘3 Idiots’. It is a milestone film for me personally in my career,” he said.
The actor’s upcoming releases include Vikram Bhatt’s ‘1920 London’ opposite Meera Chopra and ‘Super Naani’ in which he will share screen space with Rekha.
Besides his films, Sharman has taken up mountaineering and says he is in love with the sport as it helps him keep fit besides being adventurous.
“I am a big adventure junkie and that is why I have begun climbing mountains. I also plan on making a film revolving this subject. But I cannot reveal much about the project. All I can say is that the film will see me in a completely different avatar,” he said.