Actress Yami Gautam, who made a successful debut in Hindi film industry with ‘Vicky Donor’, says she is cautious while choosing projects but not scared.
Yami made her Bollywood debut with John Abraham’s home production ‘Vicky Donor’, directed by Shoojit Sircar.
After a successful film, actors usually go on a signing spree but that was not the case with Yami.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I have always done work to which my heart says yes. If a film is a huge hit, you do think properly before choosing your next projects. I am not from a film family or a Mumbai girl. The probability of getting a second chance is low and so one has to be more careful. That doesn’t mean I am scared,” Yami told PTI in an interview.
“I have done work that has appealed my heart, and ‘Total Siyappa’ is something I really liked. There were lots of offers that came my way, but I don’t like to talk about films that I have said no to, it is unprofessional,” she said.
Yami took a while to sign her second film ‘Total Siyappa’, produced by Neeraj Pandey of ‘A Wednesday’ fame.
“This film (‘Total Siyappa’) has lot of shades. I am glad Neeraj Pandey thought of me. It is a quirky one day story… It is different and interesting. The film has lot of shades – being funny, emotional, angry, etc. It is a challenge to put it together,” Yami said, adding that for them it was serious stuff, but for audience it is a light-hearted film.
‘Total Siyappa’, releasing on March 7, is romantic comedy directed by Eshvar Niwas and written by Pandey. It stars Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar, Yami, veteran actor Anupam Kher and his real life wife Kiron Kher. The couple is appearing together for the first time in a movie.
There were reports that Yami might do a film with John Abraham’s production house and Shoojit Sircar but the actress denied it.
“I have always said working with them will be a privilege. I owe my success to them, they gave me my first break. They are like my mentors. There is no project with them as of now,” she said.
“We are definitely in touch, especially Shoojit sir. I know he is there for me whenever I need his suggestion or help,” she said.
Yami thinks the journey for outsiders has now become a little easy in the industry.
“In today’s time after seeing the success of ‘Vicky Donor’, it is possible to get into the industry. What is more challenging is how to sustain… And for that you need to be sure of what you do,” she added.