Actress Yami Gautam, who made a successful debut in Hindi film industry with ‘Vicky Donor’, says she is cautious while choosing projects but not scared.
Yami made her Bollywood debut with John Abraham’s home production ‘Vicky Donor’, directed by Shoojit Sircar.
After a successful film, actors usually go on a signing spree but that was not the case with Yami.
“I have always done work to which my heart says yes. If a film is a huge hit, you do think properly before choosing your next projects. I am not from a film family or a Mumbai girl. The probability of getting a second chance is low and so one has to be more careful. That doesn’t mean I am scared,” Yami told PTI in an interview.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I have done work that has appealed my heart, and ‘Total Siyappa’ is something I really liked. There were lots of offers that came my way, but I don’t like to talk about films that I have said no to, it is unprofessional,” she said.
Yami took a while to sign her second film ‘Total Siyappa’, produced by Neeraj Pandey of ‘A Wednesday’ fame.
“This film (‘Total Siyappa’) has lot of shades. I am glad Neeraj Pandey thought of me. It is a quirky one day story… It is different and interesting. The film has lot of shades – being funny, emotional, angry, etc. It is a challenge to put it together,” Yami said, adding that for them it was serious stuff, but for audience it is a light-hearted film.
‘Total Siyappa’, releasing on March 7, is romantic comedy directed by Eshvar Niwas and written by Pandey. It stars Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar, Yami, veteran actor Anupam Kher and his real life wife Kiron Kher. The couple is appearing together for the first time in a movie.
There were reports that Yami might do a film with John Abraham’s production house and Shoojit Sircar but the actress denied it.
“I have always said working with them will be a privilege. I owe my success to them, they gave me my first break. They are like my mentors. There is no project with them as of now,” she said.
“We are definitely in touch, especially Shoojit sir. I know he is there for me whenever I need his suggestion or help,” she said.
Yami thinks the journey for outsiders has now become a little easy in the industry.
“In today’s time after seeing the success of ‘Vicky Donor’, it is possible to get into the industry. What is more challenging is how to sustain… And for that you need to be sure of what you do,” she added.