National Award-winning actress Vidya Balan says stories that revolve around women attract her. The actress believes being a woman is a beautiful thing and she doesn’t want to miss a film which has substantial female characters. “I am a woman…I get attracted towards women- centric films. “If I am getting parts which are absolutely substantial, around which stories (are) told… than Why not? It’s not an attempt to eliminate anyone (male character),” she said.
Vidya, 38, said she doesn’t think about the result and only goes by the character. “I am very happy with the kind of work I am getting…I never think of success because it’s not in your control.” The actress, who has delivered hits like The Dirty Picture and Kahaani will next be seen in Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh.
The Sujoy Ghosh-directed movie releases on December 2. When asked about the most difficult part in the film, Vidya said, “It was the scene where the little girl (child artiste
Naisha Khanna) jumps off (from the terrace of a building)…I broke down during the scene. Of course, it was film shooting and she will not get hurt. “To see a six-year-old girl fall off…I couldn’t bear it. I was a bit emotional that day,” she added.
On acting with Naisha, Vidya said, “She is a very talented actor and is effortless. It was very easy to work with her.” The actress further said there is no connection between the sequel and the latest film. “Here Durga Rani Singh, is a kind of woman you don’t
know…Who she actually is. Most often we all get some feeling about people, who we meet, but you can’t figure out about some people and Durga Rani Singh is one of those.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“So, it was very interesting for me as an actor to play Durga Rani Singh. I am glad Sujoy gave me this challenge,” Vidya said.