Superstar Shah Rukh Khan says that he depends on his directors and feels actors should not be self obsessed. “I don’t think actors should be self obsessed and should think of reinventing them. A director’s vision is the most important for any actor. I am a director’s actor and try to give my best,” he said in an interview here.
The 48-year-old actor said though he does not ponder much on how to reinvent himself but says he has reached up to the level where he can choose films where he can experiment as an actor. Shah Rukh also summed up his 25 years journey in the film industry as “beautiful”.
“I think it (time) has gone very fast and it seems like just yesterday. Everyone has been kind to me, audience, Allah. I am grateful for everything. I look forward to do good work and entertain as long as I can,” he said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The actor’s life has been open to the world but he says there is another side to his personality, which he doesn’t want to show to the world. “My life is an open book. I am there on social networking sites and there are several things written about me. I am happy that people think they know everything about me but there is a side of me which no one knows. And I feel nobody needs to know about it,” he added.
Also Read: Shah Rukh Khan: You should not work for prosperity or posterity
The Farah Khan directed musical heist film, which has already created quite a buzz with its posters, is a story of seven characters. “This film is based on six-seven characters. It is often seen that Indian films are not collaborative (with big star cast). We are fortunate to have some finest and big stars coming in for the interest of this film,” he added.
SRK insists he does not think of a role as small or big, for him being part of an entertaining film matters. “We (star cast of ‘Happy New Year’) all are in a position to take a call what we want to do (choosing films). If someone tells me Vivaan was best in the film I would be really happy,” the ‘Devdas’ actor said.
He said ‘Happy New Year’ is a kind of an Indian heist film which is unique and entertaining. In the film, SRK-Deepika will be once again seen together for the third time after ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Chennai Express’. “Experience of working with Deepika has been amazing, her craft has become better, she has learnt things the hard way. She is talented and a good friend. Her role in this film
(‘Happy New Year’) is very important she is the spine of this film,” he said.
On Bollywood’s recent trend of gauging success through Rs 100 crore and Rs 200 crore clubs, SRK said that it is just a new term, which earlier used to be ‘silver and golden jubilee’ films. “Earlier it was silver and golden jubilee and now it is Rs 100 crore club. The idea is same, more and more people should come and watch the film, just the term has changed,” he said.