Actor-turned-politician Paresh Rawal, who is looking forward to his next release in ‘Raja Natwarlal’ says con-films are intelligent and interesting.
The film has Emraan Hashmi in the lead and awal plays the role of his guru, teaching him tricks of the trade.”I liked the script and this genre of con. I am a big fan of con-films like ‘Sting’, ‘Matchstick Men’ and others. It (this genre) is not an assault on your senses. It has intelligent material, there is logic and scientific way to do it (to do the con),” Rawal said in an interview here.
“I was also working on one of these subjects (on con). I will definitely do it but it will take time. In the
meanwhile, I got this offer and found it interesting so accepted it,” he added.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“There is fun in doing both -– getting conned and conning others. In this film, I train him (Emraan) and make him aware about this art. Conmen are artists,” he says.
In real life, the 64-year-old industry veteran has been conned twice but not money wise.
“One can con you in relations… con you with emotions the best example is of ‘American Hustle’. It is a superb film,” he said.
Rawal is all praise for Emraan and feels he is grossly underrated. “I found him to be a good and balanced actor and later I learnt that he is related to Mr (Mahesh) Bhatt. It was nice working with him I had no problem working with him. He is a very good actor… he is a highly underrated actor,” he said.
The film also stars Pakistani actress Humaima Malick, Kay Kay Menon and is set to release on August 29. On playing the role of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a biopic, the BJP MP said, “The scripting is still going on… almost 70-80 per cent work is over. It is a tricky one (film) as biopics are often made on those people whose career has ended or there is a full stop (to their career) but this man (Modi) has just began his innings.
“So what to do and how to take it ahead… is where we are having difficulty.”