Superstar Salman Khan has denied that there is any similarity between ‘Jumme ki raat’ song from his upcoming film ‘Kick’ and megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s popular number ‘Jumma chumma dede’ from 1991 movie ‘Hum’.
The word ‘Jumma’ draws attention to the popular song from the action-drama, which featured Bachchan and actress Kimi Katkar.
The 48-year-old actor, who unveiled the first look of the song ‘Jumme ki raat’ here today, however, said the similarity ends with the word ‘jumma’.
“I knew this question will be asked. I am a big fan of ‘Jumma chumma dede’. Whenever the song comes on TV, I watch the whole number. But my song is shot differently. It is choreographed by Ahmed Khan. It is difficult to make me dance,” said Salman about his upcoming Eid release.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Penned by Kumaar and Shabbir Ahmed, song is sung by Mika Singh, Palak Muchhal and composed by Himesh Reshammiya.
“Only the word ‘jumma’ is common in the song and the tune is different,” Reshammiya said, adding they are hoping the song becomes the biggest party anthem this Eid.
Salman revealed that the other songs of the film will be out soon.
“This song was ready, so we showed it to you all. We are also shooting for another song called ‘Hangover..’,” he said.
‘Kick’ marks Salman’s annual ‘Eid release’, which has been lucky for him as his previous hits ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Dabangg 2’ opened on Eid in the past.
On being asked what gives Salman ‘kick’ in real life, the actor said said, “There are lots of things that give me kick. Like when someone tries to show me down and I prove that person wrong. The enthusiasm, the kick that you get, pushes you to go up again. When someone praises me, I feel I should work more, so that I am praised more.”
Salman’s scores of fans were present at the song launch event, which also comprised female fans who were seen shouting ‘Salman we love you’.
“I want to become ‘bhai’ and you all are saying no (pointing towards female fans). So it is decided…. I am bhai for boys and for my four sisters (two real and two rakhi sisters),” the actor said.