Superstar Salman Khan has denied that there is any similarity between ‘Jumme ki raat’ song from his upcoming film ‘Kick’ and megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s popular number ‘Jumma chumma dede’ from 1991 movie ‘Hum’.
The word ‘Jumma’ draws attention to the popular song from the action-drama, which featured Bachchan and actress Kimi Katkar.
The 48-year-old actor, who unveiled the first look of the song ‘Jumme ki raat’ here today, however, said the similarity ends with the word ‘jumma’.
“I knew this question will be asked. I am a big fan of ‘Jumma chumma dede’. Whenever the song comes on TV, I watch the whole number. But my song is shot differently. It is choreographed by Ahmed Khan. It is difficult to make me dance,” said Salman about his upcoming Eid release.
Penned by Kumaar and Shabbir Ahmed, song is sung by Mika Singh, Palak Muchhal and composed by Himesh Reshammiya.
“Only the word ‘jumma’ is common in the song and the tune is different,” Reshammiya said, adding they are hoping the song becomes the biggest party anthem this Eid.
Salman revealed that the other songs of the film will be out soon.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“This song was ready, so we showed it to you all. We are also shooting for another song called ‘Hangover..’,” he said.
‘Kick’ marks Salman’s annual ‘Eid release’, which has been lucky for him as his previous hits ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Dabangg 2’ opened on Eid in the past.
On being asked what gives Salman ‘kick’ in real life, the actor said said, “There are lots of things that give me kick. Like when someone tries to show me down and I prove that person wrong. The enthusiasm, the kick that you get, pushes you to go up again. When someone praises me, I feel I should work more, so that I am praised more.”
Salman’s scores of fans were present at the song launch event, which also comprised female fans who were seen shouting ‘Salman we love you’.
“I want to become ‘bhai’ and you all are saying no (pointing towards female fans). So it is decided…. I am bhai for boys and for my four sisters (two real and two rakhi sisters),” the actor said.