The 53-year-old actress has previously worked with Amitabh Bachchan in films like ‘Nastik’, ‘Satte Pe Satta’ and the yet-to-be released Shoojit Sircar film ‘Shoebite’.
“I said yes to be part of ‘Yudh’ because of Mr Bachchan. We worked together in two films earlier. They were alright. Then we did ‘Shoebite’ together which was a brilliant experience. When they approached me for this series I had to say yes as I had a wonderful time working with him in ‘Shoebite,” Sarika said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The actress, last seen on the big screen in ‘Club 60’, says she is glad she decided to be a part of the series as she got the opportunity to work with great creative talent including director Ribhu Dasgupta, creative director Anurag Kashyap and her ‘Shoebite’ director Shoojit Sircar, who is the creative consultant, besides Amitabh Bachchan.
“I am privileged to be part of ‘Yudh’. For me it is special because it is my first television experience. And I think I could not have got a better project than this to make my small screen debut. Everyone involved with this project is very talented be it the cast or the crew,” she said.
‘Yudh’ has been co-produced by Amitabh Bachchan’s production company Saraswati Creations and Endemol India. The show will air on Sony next month.
Sarika’s daughters Shruti and Akshara with ex-husband Kamal Haasan are also in the film industry. While Shruti made a foray into films in 2009, her younger daughter Akshara is set to make her Bollywood debut opposite Amitabh Bachchan in R Balki’s next ‘Shamitabh’.
“I feel a lot of happiness and lot of gratitude that we three are in the same space, working together at the same time and I think somebody up there has planned it and is being very nice to us,” she said.