The 53-year-old actress has previously worked with Amitabh Bachchan in films like ‘Nastik’, ‘Satte Pe Satta’ and the yet-to-be released Shoojit Sircar film ‘Shoebite’.
“I said yes to be part of ‘Yudh’ because of Mr Bachchan. We worked together in two films earlier. They were alright. Then we did ‘Shoebite’ together which was a brilliant experience. When they approached me for this series I had to say yes as I had a wonderful time working with him in ‘Shoebite,” Sarika said.
The actress, last seen on the big screen in ‘Club 60’, says she is glad she decided to be a part of the series as she got the opportunity to work with great creative talent including director Ribhu Dasgupta, creative director Anurag Kashyap and her ‘Shoebite’ director Shoojit Sircar, who is the creative consultant, besides Amitabh Bachchan.
“I am privileged to be part of ‘Yudh’. For me it is special because it is my first television experience. And I think I could not have got a better project than this to make my small screen debut. Everyone involved with this project is very talented be it the cast or the crew,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
‘Yudh’ has been co-produced by Amitabh Bachchan’s production company Saraswati Creations and Endemol India. The show will air on Sony next month.
Sarika’s daughters Shruti and Akshara with ex-husband Kamal Haasan are also in the film industry. While Shruti made a foray into films in 2009, her younger daughter Akshara is set to make her Bollywood debut opposite Amitabh Bachchan in R Balki’s next ‘Shamitabh’.
“I feel a lot of happiness and lot of gratitude that we three are in the same space, working together at the same time and I think somebody up there has planned it and is being very nice to us,” she said.