After two back-to-back hits, Varun Dhawan is looking forward to his forthcoming “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” and says the movie is a modern-day version of the 1995 cult film “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (DDLJ).
He explained that the film showcases contemporary Indian family and is devoid of melodrama that used to dominate the screen earlier.
“It is a modern-day tribute to DDLJ… it is a modern 2014 version of DDLJ… so there’s no melodrama… today’s youth reacts very differently to authority. So, it’s not a copy… it’s a humble, small tribute,” Varun told reporters Tuesday while promoting the film here.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“This is a 2014 family film. India has progressed a lot…almost a revolution happened… the youth brought about a big change…there’s a lot of fire…lots of angst… so we are bringing out that part. So we are trying to show what a modern-day family film is…” he said.
Produced by Karan Johar, and directed by Shashank Khaitan, “Humpty Sharma…” hits theatres July 11.