Huma Qureshi who made her debut in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’, has been going great guns, with her performance being appreciated in almost every film. The actress who recently graced the cover of Femina magazine has been roped in for Sanjay Gupta’s next titled ‘Mumbai Saga’.
Sources close to the film confirm the development saying, “Yes Huma has been signed on for the film, however the makers are not yet ready to announce the same. An official announcement will be made in the next few days.” Further adding about Huma’s role in Mumbai Saga, the source says, “Huma will be seen playing John’s love interest in the film”.
Mumbai Saga, which is set in the 80s and 90s, is said to revolve around the deep rooted web of underworld, politicians, police and mill owners. John will be seen essaying yet another grey role, while Anil Kapoor will be seen as a politician whose character is loosely based on the prominent political figure the Late Bal Thackeray.
Directed by Sanjay Gupta, Mumbai Saga is slated to go on floors later this year and also features Manoj Bajpayee in a prominent role.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016