Actress Huma Qureshi has lent her voice to spread social awareness for the LGBT community.
Huma Qureshi is going to be part of a poetic campaign called ‘Ishq ki Ijaazat’ which will be launched online. The initiative is not an angry statement against Article 377, but a dialogue which implores, nudges and converses, a press release issued here said.
Huma Qureshi agreed to be a part of the project and rendered poetry effortlessly.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I believe everyone should have the freedom to choose for themselves,” Huma said in a statement.
The poetic campaign is not about sexual preferences. It is about a basic right that every human being deserves – to be able to love with dignity, and not prejudice, the release said.
The poem has been penned by brother duo Satyanshu and Devanshu Singh.