At a time when actress worldwide are ‘zeroing’ in on a slim and petite figure, Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi has sent out a very clear message – she doesn’t owe perfection to anyone.
The ‘Gangs of Wassepur’ actress recently featured on the cover of a leading fashion magazine posing with a slim mannequin torso revealing her voluptuous curves saying “I don’t owe you perfection – My Body My rules”.
— Huma Qureshi (@humasqureshi) July 9, 2014
In recent years, curvacious actresses like Kareena Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha have taken the long trekked road of a perfect figure. Kareena’s enviable ‘size-zero’ look was much talked about during the release of her film ‘Tashan’ (2008).
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
While, Sonakshi Sinha took everyone by surprise when she started posting images of well-toned figure on social networking sites. Sonakshi had earlier maintained that she was comfortable with her curves. However, the ‘Dabangg’ actress lost oodles of weight over a span of 8-9 months. And we applaud her for that.
However, this issue featuring Huma Qureshi, has given the female followers of Bollywood’s style icons a new role model. As Huma, aptly captions, “#BetterRoleModelsForYoungWomen”. The cover has been well received by the Twitterati too.
Vidya Balan in the past few months received flak for her voluminous figure. Her weight had also led to speculations about her pregnancy.
Earlier, the actress was criticised and simultaneously applauded for her curve-show in ‘The Dirty Picyure’.
In the fourth season of ‘Koffee With Karan’, when asked about her weight issues and critics, Vidya said that she realised that she cannot acquire a petite figure however much she may workout for it, therefore, why put oneself through it.
TV reality show starlet Kim Kardashian is also one of the celebrities who has managed to work around the curves. Kim Kardashian has not shied away from photographers and has showed off her figure on social networking platforms too.
The actress had gained weight post the birth of her baby girl North West, but soon shed away the baby fat and was seen going about the town in her pre-pregnancy curves.
With this new crop of role models like Huma Qureshi and Vidya Balan, one can assume that maybe slowly, but the stereotypes of ‘weight issues’ can be broken.