At a time when actress worldwide are ‘zeroing’ in on a slim and petite figure, Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi has sent out a very clear message – she doesn’t owe perfection to anyone.
The ‘Gangs of Wassepur’ actress recently featured on the cover of a leading fashion magazine posing with a slim mannequin torso revealing her voluptuous curves saying “I don’t owe you perfection – My Body My rules”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— Huma Qureshi (@humasqureshi) July 9, 2014
In recent years, curvacious actresses like Kareena Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha have taken the long trekked road of a perfect figure. Kareena’s enviable ‘size-zero’ look was much talked about during the release of her film ‘Tashan’ (2008).
While, Sonakshi Sinha took everyone by surprise when she started posting images of well-toned figure on social networking sites. Sonakshi had earlier maintained that she was comfortable with her curves. However, the ‘Dabangg’ actress lost oodles of weight over a span of 8-9 months. And we applaud her for that.
However, this issue featuring Huma Qureshi, has given the female followers of Bollywood’s style icons a new role model. As Huma, aptly captions, “#BetterRoleModelsForYoungWomen”. The cover has been well received by the Twitterati too.
While Huma Qureshi’s bold step is out in the public, Bollywood actress Vidya Balan and TV hottie Kim Kardashian too crossed our minds for being bold, curvacious and successful.
Vidya Balan in the past few months received flak for her voluminous figure. Her weight had also led to speculations about her pregnancy.
Earlier, the actress was criticised and simultaneously applauded for her curve-show in ‘The Dirty Picyure’.
In the fourth season of ‘Koffee With Karan’, when asked about her weight issues and critics, Vidya said that she realised that she cannot acquire a petite figure however much she may workout for it, therefore, why put oneself through it.
TV reality show starlet Kim Kardashian is also one of the celebrities who has managed to work around the curves. Kim Kardashian has not shied away from photographers and has showed off her figure on social networking platforms too.
The actress had gained weight post the birth of her baby girl North West, but soon shed away the baby fat and was seen going about the town in her pre-pregnancy curves.
The insistence of glamorous onscreen presence had compelled actors like Arjun Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Alia Bhatt, others to shed off weight for their debut projects.
With this new crop of role models like Huma Qureshi and Vidya Balan, one can assume that maybe slowly, but the stereotypes of ‘weight issues’ can be broken.