“When I wanted to feel love, I became love myself.” That’s Hrithik Roshan for you, a superstar who has gone through enough turbulence in his personal life including severe stammering, debilitating back pain and divorce. And what helped him to see through those difficult times was the love and emotional support of his family.
“Without emotional support it becomes harder,” said Hrithik Roshan at an event in Mumbai on Friday (October 23). But the actor was quick to add that it’s important not to remain dependent on the same. “I wouldn’t advocate or tell people that you can’t do it if you don’t have emotional support. Infact I believe all the resources you need as a human being, you have within you. Sometimes you feel lack of love or lack of someone who is not there to hold us or to hug us. I don’t want to propogate that. I believe that if you can do it without that and if you can become the source of your own strength, it would be great. I know that it is difficult but I have practised it,” said Hrithik.
Elaborating on how he found love during those turbulent times, Hrithik Roshan said: “When I wanted to feel love, I became love. I gave love to every single person I came across in any room, in any street and anywhere else. And the reactions that I got back was full of love. So, it filled me up. So, my emotional support became me myself. I became my source of support. I became better and stronger.”
- There is no grace in sitting here and testifying about my character: Hrithik Roshan bares it all in explosive interview
- Hrithik Roshan finally gets back at Kangana Ranaut, but Twitterati have the last laugh
- Attention Hrithik Roshan! Kangana Ranaut wants you to answer these questions
- Kangana Ranaut vs Hrithik Roshan: How a series of emails turned ugly leading to one of Bollywood's biggest legal battles
- Lip Sing Battle host Farah Khan denies slamming Kangana Ranaut: I've been misquoted
- Kangana Ranaut on Aap Ki Adalat: 5 explosive things she revealed about her relationship with Hrithik Roshan
Hrithik Roshan was speaking at the launch of HRX Heroes with Hrithik Roshan, a show on Discovery Channel that he will be hosting. The show features the inspiring real life stories of nine people who are seen as heroes for their remarkable achievements.
“When we see newspapers or news channels, the focus is on horror, negativity. I would not want my kids and the youth to be moulded by fear… the idea is to show achievements of people. One should evoke hope in heart of people,” he said at the show’s launch.
Hrithik himself overcame speech disorder, stuttering, during his growing years through intense voice exercises and willpower.
“Everybody wants to be a hero. I too managed to become a hero. To be a true hero is something else. Human being survives all odds… We all have that inner strength in us. There are times when you are lost, confused, we fail but we all have ability to rise and defeat,” Hrithik said.
(With PTI inputs)