“I am so happy people from the film industry are appreciating the movie. Earlier Aamir kept a special screening and now Hrithik will host one too. He wants to watch the movie and wants to call his friends. We are just figuring out a date,” director Shonali Bose told PTI at the film’s screening here.
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra denies rumours of Hrithik Roshan walking out of Kabaddi
- Hrithik Roshan vs Tiger Shroff in Yash Raj Films' next actioner
- Photos: Karan Johar, Hrithik Roshan, Ranveer Singh are in London and Sonam Kapoor is there too. Here's what they were up to
- Kangana Ranaut on Aap Ki Adalat: 5 explosive things she revealed about her relationship with Hrithik Roshan
- A Death In The Gunj actor Kalki Koechlin talks about Konkona Sen Sharma as a director and why she wants to work with Ranbir Kapoor again
- Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao to host special screening of 'Margarita, With A Straw'
“Karan is waiting to see when he will (host a screening). Ranbir has asked when can he see the film, so it is really exciting for me,” she said.
The Delhi premiere of the movie was attended by megastar Amitabh Bachchan, wife Jaya and the film’s cast, including Kalki, Revathi and Sayani Gupta, and actor Adil Hussain, who conducted workshops for the film.
Bose was thrilled to have Bachchans at the premiere and said she was always sure of their support as she shares a close bond with them.
“I call him uncle Amit and Jaya maasi. He actually acted with my mother. They knew each other since the time they were in college in Delhi University.
“My mother was a brilliant theatre actor. That was a long old story that I knew I can get uncle Amit to come but getting all these people is very exciting,” she said.
“Margarita, With A Straw” is about a girl with cerebral palsy (played by Kalki) and her struggle with the normal activities in her life.
It releases on April 17.