“I am so happy people from the film industry are appreciating the movie. Earlier Aamir kept a special screening and now Hrithik will host one too. He wants to watch the movie and wants to call his friends. We are just figuring out a date,” director Shonali Bose told PTI at the film’s screening here.
- Happy birthday Kalki Koechlin: Thanks for being your unconventional self in Bollywood
- Happy birthday Hrithik Roshan: Here's why the Super 30 actor is Bollywood's true 'Greek God'
- Hrithik Roshan: Service to society can change the world
- Will prepare a lot to match up to Hrithik Roshan: Tiger Shroff on working with him
- Hrithik Roshan on Kalki Koechlin: I'm a fan of her work, it's a pleasure to watch her
- Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao to host special screening of 'Margarita, With A Straw'
“Karan is waiting to see when he will (host a screening). Ranbir has asked when can he see the film, so it is really exciting for me,” she said.
The Delhi premiere of the movie was attended by megastar Amitabh Bachchan, wife Jaya and the film’s cast, including Kalki, Revathi and Sayani Gupta, and actor Adil Hussain, who conducted workshops for the film.
Bose was thrilled to have Bachchans at the premiere and said she was always sure of their support as she shares a close bond with them.
“I call him uncle Amit and Jaya maasi. He actually acted with my mother. They knew each other since the time they were in college in Delhi University.
“My mother was a brilliant theatre actor. That was a long old story that I knew I can get uncle Amit to come but getting all these people is very exciting,” she said.
“Margarita, With A Straw” is about a girl with cerebral palsy (played by Kalki) and her struggle with the normal activities in her life.
It releases on April 17.