The spat between Hrithik Roshan and Kangana Ranaut has taken a fresh turn, with both of them sending legal notices to each other. Hrithik Roshan sent a notice to Kangana last month, demanding an ‘unconditional apology’ for a ‘defaming’ remark in an interview where she allegedly referred to him as ‘silly ex’.
In an apparent rebuttal, Hrithik Roshan had tweeted, “There are more chances of me having had an affair with the Pope than any of the (I’m sure wonderful) women the media has been naming…”
Kangana’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiqui said Hrithik was sent a counter 14 days ago, asking him to take back his notice within seven days as ‘at no point did my client say that the ‘silly ex’ was actually Hrithik Roshan’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said Kangana has acknowledged an ‘intimate relationship’ with Hrithik, something he denies. Hrithik Roshan has said Kangana’s claim is based on email exchanges between her and someone impersonating him by using a fake email id. Siddiqui claims this is only a face-saving exercise by Hrithik’s lawyer Dipesh Mehta after the counter notice.
Mehta has said neither he nor his client are “stupid enough to state… the email id is fake” if it was created by Hrithik himself.
In her 21-page reply on March 1, Kangana said, “She is not some dim-witted teenager who has been smitten and that whatever happened between the two of them was with full consent of both parties.”
“It is pertinent to record that your client throughout supported my client and fully involved her. He also did not make any attempt to block her. There is no communication from him to my client objecting to an emails. This proves that he received the emails with his participation and consent,” her notice said.
In his notice, Hrithik contended that he and Kangana acted only in two films and besides professional relationship there wasn’t any social, personal, platonic and/or intimate relation between them.
According to Hrithik’s notice, the duo met on May 24, 2014 at Karan Johar’s birthday bash when Kangana approached the actor and thanked him for sending her an email appreciating her work in ‘Queen’. “To this, our client told you that he has not seen the movie yet. Our client further clarified to you that the email ID from which you received the mail was not his and he gave you his real email ID,” the notice said, adding that the actor has already lodged a complaint with the Cyber Cell of the city police about the said fake email ID in December, 2014.”
“On coming to know of Hrithik’s real email ID, you (Kangana) sent a barrage of emails to him. Our client tried to ignore all the emails (total 1439) to him even though it amounted to mental harassment and stress.
“Besides sending emails to our client you have also been telling people in the film industry about your affair with him and then called our client a ‘silly ex’,” the notice said.
On her part, Kangana claimed that Hrithik had himself provided her the email ID on which they were corresponding with each other till May 2014.
Hrithik alleged that during the outdoor shoot of ‘Krrish 3’ Kangana in a drunken stupor created a scene in front of him and that her sister Rangoli later apologised.
“Your sister told my client that you are suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome and requested him to not tell anyone. Our client kept his word till date,” the notice said.
Hrithik has further alleged that Kangana had also got in touch with his father Rakesh Roshan who also conveyed that the actor was not interested in her.
The actor has demanded that Kangana apologise within seven days of receipt of the legal notice or else face criminal action for defamation.
Refuting all the allegations levelled against her, Kangana has claimed that she was not a stranger to Hrithik or his family members.
“In January 2011 and 2012 Kangana was invited for your (Hrithik) sister’s birthday parties. In 2013, you, your wife and your parents attended Kangana’s birthday party and then in September 2013 Kangana attended your father’s birthday party. All these parties were private affairs,” Kangana said in her notice.
“Your client (Hrithik) is living in his own illusionary narcissist world which starts and ends at self-aggrandising. Kangana in her interview about her silly exes never mentioned the name of your client (Hrithik). It was your client’s own unwarranted and uncalled reaction that made people look at him and assume that the ‘silly ex’ could be your client,” her notice said.
She further refuted Hrithik’s claim that she was suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome and said that she was not suffering from any such mental disorder. (With PTI inputs)