Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan condoled the death of fireman, Nitin Yevlekar, who died while trying to put out blaze at a high-rise in suburban Andheri.
Yevlekar was the only casualty in the mishap that occurred on Friday at the 22-storey Lotus Business Park, a commercial building, where the 40-year-old actor’s family owns five floors.
There are reports that Hrithik has donated Rs 15 lakh to the family of the deceased fireman, but it cannot be confirmed officially. “It’s important (that) we help one another. It is important to know that others will help us in times when we need support, for that, we must take initiative especially in
cases where a family is bereaved of a father, who died in the line of duty. There is so much we can do as a society but it needs to start with the individual,” Hrithik said in a statement here.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I promise you, when you give, it always pays back. Someday, somehow. Let’s stick together. My highest respects and deepest condolences to the family of the brave and courageous Nitin Yevlekar,” the statement said.