It was the portrayal of love and longing in Pakistani qawwali maestro Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s song “Zaroori tha” that made director Mohit Suri incorporate it in his forthcoming film “Hamari Adhuri Kahani”.
“Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s ‘Zaroori tha’ is a fantastic song and I was deeply moved when I heard the song. It has so much romance, pain and love that I was touched. I am thrilled that the song is part of ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’,” Suri said in a statement.
- Chull, Zaroori thaa: Non-film music gets a Bollywood spin
- Will keep visiting India: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Vidya Balan - Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani' was almost titled 'Tum Hi Ho'
- Vidya Balan trained with florist for 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Select viewers to watch 'Hamari Adhuri Kahaani' before its release
- Music is soul of 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani': Mohit Suri
Suri hopes that the song is well-received by the audience.
“It has been picturised on Emraan and Vidya and the pain that they go through in love. The song just fits the theme of the film and I hope people will connect to it as much as I connected to the song,” he added.
The film is about the struggle that Vidya faces as she falls in love with Emraan after her husband (played by Rajkummar) disappears without a trace for several years before coming back into her life again.
Suri felt that the song captures the pain and longing that Emraan and Vidya’s character feel for each other as they want to be united, but can’t because of societal norms and values that are dug deep into their heart and mind, read a statement.
Presented by Fox Star Studios and produced by Vishesh Films, “Hamari Adhuri Kahani” releases on June 12.