Actress Deepika Padukone is happy that her on-screen chemistry with Ranveer Singh is appreciated by audience but she wants that whenever they come together next for a film it has to be better than ‘Ram Leela’.
After the success of ‘Ram Leela’, Ranveer and Deepika have become the most sought after pair in Bollywood.
“I think the chemistry that Ranveer and I shared in the film really clicked. I think chemistry is something which two actors bring to the character.
“We both were lucky that we got to be a part of a strong love story that had strong characters and director like Sanjay Leela Bhansali. I hope whatever film Ranveer and I do next is as good as or even better than ‘Ram Leela’,” Deepika told PTI in an exclusive interview.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When asked if she is excited to team up with Ranveer again for Bhansali’s much-talked project ‘Bajirao Mastani’, the actress said, “We are still working out the logistics. The only film that I can talk about is Imtiaz Ali’s next with Ranbir Kapoor. We start shooting for it in July. Besides this there are a couple of films that are in the pipeline but nothing has been finalised.”
Baji Rao was a noted general, who served as Peshwa (prime minister) to the fourth Maratha Chhatrapati (emperor) Shahu from 1720. He is credited with expanding the Maratha empire.
For almost 15 years, Bhansali has been planning to make a film on Peshwa Bajirao and his ladylove Mastani. He had conceptualised the project with his ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ star cast Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai. But as their relationship went kaput, Bhansali was since then waiting to get a proper star cast in place.
Deepika is happy with the portrayal of women in films today and the fact that female-oriented films like ‘Queen’ have clicked at the box office.
“I think it is a great time for actresses in Bollywood. Gone are the days when actresses were just treated as prop. There are some really interesting scripts and films being made with actresses playing some strong roles. In the films that I have done, I have played strong women characters,” she said.
The actress says her parents are proud of her success in Bollywood, but her father thinks she needs to improve in controlling her anger.
“I think so (the same). If my father says, I have to listen to him.”
Deepika started her career as a model and made her debut in films opposite Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Om Shanti Om’.
In the last two years, she has been shooting for films back-to-back. She delivered hits like ‘Cocktail’, ‘Race 2, ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’, ‘Chennai Express’ and ‘Ram Leela’.
“My parents are really happy and proud of my work. They have loved all my films. As all the characters were so distinct from one and other, they couldn’t really choose one of their favourites.
“There have been times when my mother would say ‘Ram Leela’ was good, but my father would feel even ‘Chennai Express’ was good. But my father keeps saying that I still have a long way to go,” she said.