Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is making his full fledged debut as an actor in ‘Bombay Velvet’, says he had great time shooting for the film and hopes director Anurag Kashyap doesn’t chop his role. (See pics: Bombay Velvet wrap up party)
Karan will be seen as a rich businessman who plays a crucial role in Ranbir Kapoor’s life in the film, with shades of grey.
“It was great to be directed by Anurag. My work was mostly with Ranbir Kapoor… so he is my favourite co-star and my director Anurag, Phantom Films and Fox Star Studio… thankful… I don’t have choice,” Karan Johar said at the wrap up party of ‘Bombay Velvet’.
The film is co produced by Fox Star Studio and Phantom Films. “I hope Anurag doesn’t cut my role… if that happens then this will be my last appearance for this film. Anurag Kashyap never scolded at me it was nice working with him,” Karan Johar said.
Karan’s first movie appearance was over a decade-and-half ago in the Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol-starrer ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’. Then he did cameos in ‘Om Shanti Om’, ‘Luck By Chance’ and Kal Ho Na Ho among others.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Present at the party were Vijay Singh, Anurag Kashyap, Vikas Bahl, Karan Johar, Ranbir Kapoor, Vikramaditya Motwane and others.
Anurag Kashyap said, “The team has just finished shooting for Bombay Velvet. I don’t know what to say I had a tough class (while doing the film). I hope everybody likes the film and is happy about it.”
Set against the backdrop of love, greed, violence and Jazz, ‘Bombay Velvet’, first in a planned trilogy, tells the story of how Bombay became a Metropolis. Historian Gyan Prakash’s book ‘Mumbai Fables’ forms the basis for the movie.
“It is a love story… beyond this I cannot tell you anything. We will release the first look in October,” the director said.
Apparently, Anurag Kashyap was upset with filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani over the release date of ‘PK’. Both the films were initially set to hit the screens on Christmas this year but now ‘Bombay Velvet’ will release on November 28 and PK on December 18.
“I was upset with him (Raju Hirani)… but how long can we stay like this,” he asked. The film stars Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma in the lead. However, Anushka was missing from the wrap up party.
Asked about her absence, Karan Johar jokingly said, “Cricket (IPL) is on… so you see,” apparently hinting at cricketer Virat Kohli who Anushka is said to be dating.
But soon, director Anurag came to his leading lady’s rescue saying she is shooting in Jodhpur (for a film). The film has been largely shot in Sri Lanka, and the last schedule was shot in Mumbai.