Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is making his full fledged debut as an actor in ‘Bombay Velvet’, says he had great time shooting for the film and hopes director Anurag Kashyap doesn’t chop his role. (See pics: Bombay Velvet wrap up party)
Karan will be seen as a rich businessman who plays a crucial role in Ranbir Kapoor’s life in the film, with shades of grey.
“It was great to be directed by Anurag. My work was mostly with Ranbir Kapoor… so he is my favourite co-star and my director Anurag, Phantom Films and Fox Star Studio… thankful… I don’t have choice,” Karan Johar said at the wrap up party of ‘Bombay Velvet’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The film is co produced by Fox Star Studio and Phantom Films. “I hope Anurag doesn’t cut my role… if that happens then this will be my last appearance for this film. Anurag Kashyap never scolded at me it was nice working with him,” Karan Johar said.
Karan’s first movie appearance was over a decade-and-half ago in the Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol-starrer ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’. Then he did cameos in ‘Om Shanti Om’, ‘Luck By Chance’ and Kal Ho Na Ho among others.
Present at the party were Vijay Singh, Anurag Kashyap, Vikas Bahl, Karan Johar, Ranbir Kapoor, Vikramaditya Motwane and others.
Anurag Kashyap said, “The team has just finished shooting for Bombay Velvet. I don’t know what to say I had a tough class (while doing the film). I hope everybody likes the film and is happy about it.”
Set against the backdrop of love, greed, violence and Jazz, ‘Bombay Velvet’, first in a planned trilogy, tells the story of how Bombay became a Metropolis. Historian Gyan Prakash’s book ‘Mumbai Fables’ forms the basis for the movie.
“It is a love story… beyond this I cannot tell you anything. We will release the first look in October,” the director said.
Apparently, Anurag Kashyap was upset with filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani over the release date of ‘PK’. Both the films were initially set to hit the screens on Christmas this year but now ‘Bombay Velvet’ will release on November 28 and PK on December 18.
“I was upset with him (Raju Hirani)… but how long can we stay like this,” he asked. The film stars Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma in the lead. However, Anushka was missing from the wrap up party.
Asked about her absence, Karan Johar jokingly said, “Cricket (IPL) is on… so you see,” apparently hinting at cricketer Virat Kohli who Anushka is said to be dating.
But soon, director Anurag came to his leading lady’s rescue saying she is shooting in Jodhpur (for a film). The film has been largely shot in Sri Lanka, and the last schedule was shot in Mumbai.