‘Mardaani‘, which deals with the issue of girl trafficking, carries a message on women’s empowerment and the film’s lead actress Rani Mukerji hopes that it works so that they can bring out part two.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, ‘Mardaani‘, which sees Rani Mukerji as a police officer, hits the screens Friday. “‘Mardaani‘ carries a message on women empowerment. It deals with the issue of trafficking of girls,” said Rani Mukerji.
“It is time women should take up matters like self-protection into their own hands. I don’t want any girl to be dependent on her father or brother to go somewhere just because she is scared,” she said referring to rise in crime against women in the country and how parents “worry” when their daughters step out.
Rani feels it is high time girls should be self-reliant. “I want girls to enrol in self-defence classes like karate, kickboxing etc. I hope the film works, so that we can come up with ‘Mardaani-2′ and tell another story that will make an impact. I also think more films like Mardaani should be made,” she said.
‘Mardaani’ is coming out with an A-certificate. “Unfortunately, in our country, we don’t have a separate censor certificate for people above 12 years and below 18 years. Either we have an A certificate, which is only for adults or UA-certificate for people of all ages.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I would love to see people, especially women and girls, across all age groups watching the film. The film will inspire girls to speak their mind, be brave and bring out their ‘mardaana’ (brave and bold) spirit,” he said.