The Bombay High Court will on July 25 hear an appeal filed by Bollywood actor Om Puri against a lower court order asking him to pay monthly compensation of Rs 2.90 lakh to his estranged wife and son.
Om Puri had pleaded before the high court that the option of arriving at a settlement with Nandita, which was earlier suggested by the high court, was not possible.
Following which Justice Sadhana Jadhav, while hearing Om Puri’s plea yesterday, fixed the hearing of the appeal on July 25.
The appeal would now be heard on merits.
Om Puri had appealed against the order of a family court in suburban Bandra which granted Nandita the monthly compensation of Rs 2.90 lakh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The compensation includes interim maintenance of Rs 1.25 lakh for Nandita, Rs 50,000 per month to the actor’s son, besides Rs 1.15 lakh towards the latter’s medical and educational expenses.
Om Puri, who had filed a divorce petition in 2012, contended in the appeal that the amount fixed by the family court was very high and he could not afford it.
Nandita pleaded that she was a housewife and had no source of income. According to her, Om Puri earns Rs 35-40 lakh a month.