The Bombay High Court will on July 25 hear an appeal filed by Bollywood actor Om Puri against a lower court order asking him to pay monthly compensation of Rs 2.90 lakh to his estranged wife and son.
Om Puri had pleaded before the high court that the option of arriving at a settlement with Nandita, which was earlier suggested by the high court, was not possible.
Following which Justice Sadhana Jadhav, while hearing Om Puri’s plea yesterday, fixed the hearing of the appeal on July 25.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The appeal would now be heard on merits.
Om Puri had appealed against the order of a family court in suburban Bandra which granted Nandita the monthly compensation of Rs 2.90 lakh.
The compensation includes interim maintenance of Rs 1.25 lakh for Nandita, Rs 50,000 per month to the actor’s son, besides Rs 1.15 lakh towards the latter’s medical and educational expenses.
Om Puri, who had filed a divorce petition in 2012, contended in the appeal that the amount fixed by the family court was very high and he could not afford it.
Nandita pleaded that she was a housewife and had no source of income. According to her, Om Puri earns Rs 35-40 lakh a month.