The Allahabad High Court stayed the arrest of Bollywood film-maker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actors Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh in connection with a case lodged against them for allegedly hurting the religious sentiments of Hindus through a movie they were associated with.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Arun Tandon and Justice Shashi Kant, passed the order on a petition by Bhansali and others who had sought a stay on their arrest in connection with an FIR lodged at Bhamaure police station of Bareilly under sections of the Indian Penal Code relating to causing hurt to religious sentiments.
The FIR was lodged following a direction of a Bareilly court in November, 2013, after a resident there had sought filing of a criminal case against the film personalities associated with last year’s blockbuster “Galiyon Ki Rasleela Ram Leela”.
While the movie was directed by Bhansali and Chopra had played a guest role, Padukone and Singh were in the main lead.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest