The Allahabad High Court stayed the arrest of Bollywood film-maker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actors Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh in connection with a case lodged against them for allegedly hurting the religious sentiments of Hindus through a movie they were associated with.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Arun Tandon and Justice Shashi Kant, passed the order on a petition by Bhansali and others who had sought a stay on their arrest in connection with an FIR lodged at Bhamaure police station of Bareilly under sections of the Indian Penal Code relating to causing hurt to religious sentiments.
The FIR was lodged following a direction of a Bareilly court in November, 2013, after a resident there had sought filing of a criminal case against the film personalities associated with last year’s blockbuster “Galiyon Ki Rasleela Ram Leela”.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
While the movie was directed by Bhansali and Chopra had played a guest role, Padukone and Singh were in the main lead.