Dismissing suggestions that she would leave ‘Braj Bhoomi’ after elections, BJP Mathura nominee and actress Hema Malini said that she was close to “buying a house” in the constituency.
“I am a devotee of Lord Krishna. I want to stay here and do work for the Braj Bhoomi…A deal of purchasing a house in Mathura is almost in the final stage,” Hema Malini told reporters.
The ‘dream girl’ of yesteryear alleging that land of Lord Krishna and Yamuna were in “miserable state”, claimed that she would like to get them “corrected”.
“The land of Lord Krishna is in miserable state. Yamuna water is polluted, condition of roads, drinking water, power supply is miserable. Like my obeisance to Lord Krishna, I would like to get all this corrected”, she said.
In the Lok Sabha polls fray from here on a BJP ticket, Hema Malini earlier had said she was destined to make an electoral entry from the land of Lord Krishna which she claimed she had opted over Noida and Ghaziabad.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“As member of Rajya Sabha, I was not aware of the problem of the area. However, with my campaigning in rural area, I could understand basic problem of the district”, she said.
The veteran actress also claimed that if voted to power, she would turn Mathura into a tourist hub. “There is lot of spiritual and tourist potential in Mathura. I would make efforts to develop infrastructure so that tourists proceeding to Agra may not miss Mathura”, she said.
Hema Malini said she will also work towards getting Mathura declared as a ‘tirthasthal’ (pilgrimage centre). “Connecting Govardhan, Nandgaon, Barsana, Vrindavan with the rail link would be my priority”, she added.
Narrating her plans about bringing a planned development in the city and about opening avenues for employment, she said, “Efforts would be made to bring Mathura in the ambit of NCR and then priority would be the establishment of big industries.”
The BJP candidate pitted against Rashtriya Lok Dal’s (RLD) general secretary Jayant Chaudhary, son of party chief Ajit Singh, is also working to woo women electors, which are likely play an important role in the elections here.
Out of the total 16,83,994 electors in the constituency, 7,50,471 are women. Mathura is going to polls on April 24.