Dismissing suggestions that she would leave ‘Braj Bhoomi’ after elections, BJP Mathura nominee and actress Hema Malini said that she was close to “buying a house” in the constituency.
“I am a devotee of Lord Krishna. I want to stay here and do work for the Braj Bhoomi…A deal of purchasing a house in Mathura is almost in the final stage,” Hema Malini told reporters.
The ‘dream girl’ of yesteryear alleging that land of Lord Krishna and Yamuna were in “miserable state”, claimed that she would like to get them “corrected”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The land of Lord Krishna is in miserable state. Yamuna water is polluted, condition of roads, drinking water, power supply is miserable. Like my obeisance to Lord Krishna, I would like to get all this corrected”, she said.
In the Lok Sabha polls fray from here on a BJP ticket, Hema Malini earlier had said she was destined to make an electoral entry from the land of Lord Krishna which she claimed she had opted over Noida and Ghaziabad.
“As member of Rajya Sabha, I was not aware of the problem of the area. However, with my campaigning in rural area, I could understand basic problem of the district”, she said.
The veteran actress also claimed that if voted to power, she would turn Mathura into a tourist hub. “There is lot of spiritual and tourist potential in Mathura. I would make efforts to develop infrastructure so that tourists proceeding to Agra may not miss Mathura”, she said.
Hema Malini said she will also work towards getting Mathura declared as a ‘tirthasthal’ (pilgrimage centre). “Connecting Govardhan, Nandgaon, Barsana, Vrindavan with the rail link would be my priority”, she added.
Narrating her plans about bringing a planned development in the city and about opening avenues for employment, she said, “Efforts would be made to bring Mathura in the ambit of NCR and then priority would be the establishment of big industries.”
The BJP candidate pitted against Rashtriya Lok Dal’s (RLD) general secretary Jayant Chaudhary, son of party chief Ajit Singh, is also working to woo women electors, which are likely play an important role in the elections here.
Out of the total 16,83,994 electors in the constituency, 7,50,471 are women. Mathura is going to polls on April 24.