Farhan Akhtar plays a quirky husband in his upcoming film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ and the actor says his character in the romantic-comedy completely relied on Vidya Balan, who is starring opposite him.
Farhan said it was a big relief when director Saket Chaudhary told him that Vidya is cast opposite him in the film because it was important that the two actors shared a good chemistry.
“Vidya is a brilliant actress. I have full respect for her as a performer and when you work with a good actor your performance also tends to get better. When I heard that Vidya was opposite me, it was a big relief. I knew that it will be a smooth ride thereafter,” Farhan told PTI in an interview.
‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, hitting screens on February 28, is a sequel to hit 2006 film ‘Pyaar Ke Side Effects’ which had Rahul Bose and Mallika Sherawat in it.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Farhan, 40, who is married to celebrity hairstylist Adhuna Akhtar and a father to two daughters, however, does not relate to his character of a married man in the movie.
“I don’t relate to my character much. There are many nuances to it. Not every married is like the way it has been shown in the film. My character is funny and quirky. I completely relied on the script for this role but yes my experience as a married man did help at times,” he said.
Farhan’s portrayal of Milkha Singh in ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ won him many laurels and Farhan feels that one should not compare the biopic with his first release of the year, which is a light-hearted fun film.
“These two are completely different films. I don’t think much about the box office success of a film before taking it. I only think about the script when saying yes to a film. Both the films are of different genre. SKSE is more of a fun-oriented film.”
In the film, Farhan has also sung two songs –‘ Yahaan Wahaan’ and ‘Ahista Ahista’.
“Since I am playing a musician in the film, it was necessary to lend my voice to bring authenticity. I have sung two soulful numbers in the film which are quite different from my previous works in ‘Zindagi’ and ‘Rock On’. Pritam and Saket helped me to sing for this film,” Farhan said.
Asked if he would like to take music as an alternative career in the near future, the ‘Rock On!’ star said, “I am not planning to take singing as an alternative career, I love to sing at concerts but that does not mean I will not do playback singing. I will sing only when the script demands.”
After the rom-com, Farhan will be seen in sister Zoya Akhtar’s untitled next which also has Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma. This will be the third time Farhan will be directed by his sister after ‘Luck By Chance’ and ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’.
“Currently I am shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s next. The title is not out yet as it is in a nascent stage.”