Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar, who received appreciation for his role in ‘Bhaag Mikha Bhaag’ last year, today said he was having an exciting time in front of camera and will continue to focus on acting.
The versatile Bollywood personality, who directed and produced films before moving onto acting, will be next seen in ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’.
The 40-year-old made his acting debut in 2008 with ‘Rock On’ and went onto feature in films like ‘Luck By Chance’, ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’ and ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’. His last release, ‘Bhaag Mikha Bhaag’, loosely based on the life of flying Sikh Milkha Singh, fetched him critical appreciation and awards.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I am grateful to receive interesting roles and films. I am enjoying doing them. The next film that I am doing is with Zoya Akhtar (his director-sister) and then a film with Mr (Amitabh) Bachchan by the year-end. For me it is a very exciting time (as an actor)… so focusing on that. I believe there is space for everyone,” Farhan said.
He insists he is not looking to compete with the Khans (Aamir, Shah Rukh and Salman) in the Hindi film industry.
Farhan is sharing screen space with Vidya Balan in ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’, a romantic comedy directed by Sanket Chaudhary which will hit theatres on February 28.
Farhan and Bachchan will work together in producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s upcoming movie to be directed by Bejoy Nambiar.
Both films are untitled.