Post the success of ‘Aashiqui 2’, actress Shraddha Kapoor, who is three films old in Bollywood, wants to “conquer” a lot more and is willing to work hard.
Shraddha Kapoor, daughter of popular actor Shakti Kapoor, made her acting debut with ‘Teen Patti’ alongside megastar Amitabh Bachchan, R Madhavan and others. Her next release was ‘Luv Ka The End’ with Y-Films, which is a subsidiary of Yash Raj Films. However, both the films failed to garner much attention.
It was her third release, ‘Aashiqui 2’ which turned out to be a huge success.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“After the success of ‘Aashiqui 2’, I feel I need to conquer a lot more. I am constantly working towards it and I will work harder. Nobody expected ‘Aashiqui 2’ could do so well as it had two new faces. It changed so many lives that Friday; of mine, Mohit Suri’s (director) and also that of Aditya Roy Kapur’s (actor), besides singers and composers,” Shraddha said in an interview here.
Shraddha feels the success ‘Ashiqui 2’ has received is like a “crazy phenomenon”.
For Shraddha, the kind of appreciation that came from all quarters post the release of ‘Aashiqui 2’ was overwhelming.
“For me, actually be remembered as ‘Arohi’ (the name of character) was the biggest compliment. Whenever I go out people scream Arohi… that is the effect of ‘Aashiqui 2’,” the actress said.
Shraddha said that she felt honoured to be working with director Mohit Suri on ‘Ek Villain’. “It feels great to be working with Mohit again. I a am huge fan of his work. His movies have great love stories. I
loved ‘Awarapan’ a lot. To work with Mohit again is the reward of ‘Aashiqui 2’,” she added.
Shraddha has projects like Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Haider’ and Remo D’Souza’s ‘ABCD’ sequel, at hand.
“It is a conscious effort on my part to do different roles. I want to do something that people have not seen
before… surprise everyone. There has to be variety in work,” she said.
With lot of new actors around, Shraddha is well aware about the competition that exists but she is not scared about it.
“It (competition) is not scary. I know competition is there and it can come my way by new, fresh faces that are around or are coming up. It pushes me to work hard. I know if I don’t work hard I will be left behind. So, I continue to work hard,” the actress added.