Actor Shahid Kapoor, who is currently seen sporting a neat buzz-cut as a part of his new look for Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Haider’, says he is just following his director to get into the skin of his role as the desi Hamlet.
The movie which also stars Tabu, Shraddha Kapur and Kay Kay Menon is the filmmaker’s interpretation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet set against the backdrop of militancy in Kashmir.
“I believe in the script and have completely surrendered to Vishal sir’s vision of my character and my look,” Shahid said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Bhardwaj says, “Its commendable the dedication with which Shahid bit into his role and its every aspect. And he is doing complete justice to ‘Haider’.”
The film is being currently shot in Kashmir and is set to release on September 12 this year. The trio of Vishal Bhardwaj, Shahid Kapoor and Disney UTV in ‘Haider’, earlier gave the industry a cult hit in ‘Kaminey’.
Bhardwaj’s love for Shakespeare is not new. The director has brilliantly adapted his two other tragedies
‘Macbeth’ and ‘Othello’ as ‘Maqbool’ and Omkara’.