Prachi Desai says she goes through a constant struggle in trying to break the
“girl-next-door” stereotype attached to her. Before making her big screen debut in 2008 with Rock On, Prachi played the righteous eldest sister on Ekta Kapoor’s Kasamh Se and the actress feels the audience hasn’t been able to see her beyond that frame.
“After ‘Rock On!!’, just like what happens with everyone, I got stereotyped. First of all, because I came from a television background and secondly because I didn’t play a
glamorous, larger than life character. “I wasn’t launched in one of those extremely big budget films where I was anyway elevated to that position. After that (Rock On) it was extremely difficult for me to change the perception of ‘sweet simple girl next door’ and get roles which were my age,” the actress told PTI.
Talking about another stereotype that she has often faced, Prachi said that due to her role of a wife in “Rock On!!”, filmmakers perceived she was quite older in age and hence
offered her more mature roles. “I was 19 when I did ‘Rock On!!’ but I’ve had the
strangest reactions from some of the biggest filmmakers where they met me and were often surprised that I looked so young. I still get offered roles where I am intense, subtle but in real life, I think I am kind of the opposite of that.
“But that’s an outsiders struggle although out. Whether it is a Kangana from ‘Gangster’ or Vidya Balan from ‘Parineeta’, it takes the time to find your best scripts and roles. You just have to keep working hard,” she said. Prachi, who has reprised her role in the recently-released sequel to “Rock On!!”, now wants to do an out-and-out love story. “I am very keen to take on interesting roles because this is the time when people are also open to doing new things, chose different topics which also makes us fearless to take on
different subjects. Personally, I would like to do a love story,” the actress said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More